Detroit Lions

egrguy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an ugly game, but a win is a win. 8-8 is realistic, I think, assuming Kitna stays healthy. Yesterday's game made it pretty clear that he is the key to the whole thing. If he gets hurt, its going to get ugly.

Hopefully we can establish a good running game once KJ returns. The D is stepping it up when it counts, and the O speaks for itself (when Kitna's out there). I think we'll be able to handle the rest of our division pretty well, and our non-conf. schedule isn't too bad. I'm sticking with 9-7 for now, but I may consider upping it later if we can stay healthy and establish a decent running game.

Hopefully we can establish a good running game once KJ returns. The D is stepping it up when it counts, and the O speaks for itself (when Kitna's out there). I think we'll be able to handle the rest of our division pretty well, and our non-conf. schedule isn't too bad. I'm sticking with 9-7 for now, but I may consider upping it later if we can stay healthy and establish a decent running game.

Marinelli says he is optimistic that KJ will play this weekend against the Eagles, maybe 15-20 snaps. Kitna passed all his tests on his noggin today too. Whew!

An exciting game! At 3-1 their scheduled certainly toughens with Washington, Tampa, Chicago again and then Denver. But they are 2-0 against their division foes.

The Thanksgiving Day game against Green Bay could have some real relevance. That's a big 'could' if the Lions don't put it in the tank.

My prediction is same as always 4-12. I hope I'm wrong (I usually am). :P

Looks like I may have to eat my words here. Not that I was hoping they would go 4-12, its just that, you know, its the Lions. But like I said, "I hope I'm wrong". Maybe 8-8 or even 9-7 isn't so far fetched.

3-1 isn't bad! The started 3-1 back in 2004 and ended by 6-10, so my hopes aren't up yet. But I do think that last years team would be 0-4 at this point. Who woulda thought that the 2007 Lions would play their best in the 4th quarter? Certainly not me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! What a prediction. I truly can't believe they're 4-2. I think Chicago takes revenge at home and beats the Lions this week, although a series shutout would be great.

I don't think anybody (including myself) thought the Lions would beat the Bears in Chicago, but they looked pretty good. I wished they could have converted a few of those field goals into TDs; then it would have been a rout! But I'll take a sweep of the Bears and a 5-2 record any time.

Actually, with a home game this weekend against Denver followed by a game at Arizona, I'd say they have a good shot at going 7-2 before taking on the Giants and Packers. Kitna's 10-win prediction is getting less ridiculous by the week.

2-0. I don't really know how to react. Not that they've beat great teams, but they always got beat by everybody before. Maybe 8-8 is realistic? Who would've thought?

What do you think now. This is almost unbelievable. 5-2, GO LIONS, GO!

I really am surprised at how well they've played as a team. Perhaps Maranelli is really a good coach after all. He has the teaming winning games this year that they usually blow and lose. As Torgo stated with Denver and Arizona upcoming they could be 7-2 and if so it could be an excellent Thanksgiving game against Green Bay this year. When was the last time Detroit played a game that mattered on Turkey Day?

Archived