The "Beattie Huff Field"

linkerjpatrick

Anyone know what the deal is with the big open field on White Horse Road near Berea High School and the Big Clock of Berea Resteraunt? At one time a Real Estate agency (and I assume the actually person/owner) know as Beattie Huff which has an office adjacent to the property had a big sign at one time the field was for sale but I haven't seen it up lately. Now, to me this is one of the most unspoiled locations (except for some occasional hay farming) in the area. It's amazing that plot of land has never been developed but in a way I would hate to see it developed because it's a great view from White Horse Road looking towards Paris Mountan in the distance. (I should take a photo sometime next time I am eating at the clock). I heard at one time they were planning on putting a Target.

I'm kind of surprised that spot has never been used (to my knowledge) for a festival, fair or something.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The late Beattie Huff operated a real estate firm there for years.

In the late 1990s, it was rumored a shopping center with a 44,000 square feet supermarket would be going up. Those plans never came to fruition.

It would make a great location for a retail complex in a few years. It would be unwise to build now as that section of White Horse Road will undergo widening to seven lanes later this year.

Archived