Town Center proposed in Ashland City

smeagolsfree

An article from the Ashland City Times.

The same company that is building the Harpeth Shoals Marina is proposing 2-4 story office buildings in DT Ashland City. Anything would be better than what is there now and would be a good development.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../309060036/1292

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds pretty serious. I hope it comes about. It would mean Ashland City may be on the verge of a true renaissance and lead to more, similiar type development. Personally, I would like to see a Theater/performing arts center built on the square, also.

However, I am concerned that it doesn't seem to show any street level retail, although they mentioned the Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro Village as an inspiration.

There is so much potential in AC. With some road improvements (eliminate the Hwy 249 dog leg) and sidewalks, a model walkable city could be made.

However, I am concerned that it doesn't seem to show any street level retail, although they mentioned the Pancake Pantry in Hillsboro Village as an inspiration.

"The buildings will house professional offices and could have retail and dining at the ground level, Rankin said. "

There is hope!

An article from the Ashland City Times.

The same company that is building the Harpeth Shoals Marina is proposing 2-4 story office buildings in DT Ashland City. Anything would be better than what is there now and would be a good development.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../309060036/1292

Wow, that is a nice development for Ashland City and one that looks very nice! It's good to hear some news coming out of AC. I think Cheatham County is going to reap some nice developments in the coming years as it is only now being discovered.

Archived