Chinese

ewt

LISTEN UP!

If you all want REAL authentic Chinese, check out "Fortune Palace" in Raleigh. I went for the first time last weekend. It's off of Capital--I want to say on Brentwood Ave. (I'm not 100% sure, though). Trust me, this is NOT a China Buffet-type place with Americanized Chinese food. My date and I were the only two non-Asian people in the restaurant--that's really saying something.

There are Americanized dishes available--but another section of the menu is traditional Chinese. There are descriptions of each traditional dish. It was really good, and it was fun trying different dishes. They even had plenty of dishes featuring hog intestines--I didn't know that was a traditional Chinese food!

hog intenstines.....man.....I like the grilled stuff at FP but otherwise I tend to think it is standard Americanized fare on a buffet, like Ten-Ten....

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived