Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

Proposed routes for I-73

10 posts in this topic

If I-73 becomes a toll road northwest of I-95, it should be away from the four lane portion of SC 38 as much as possible. I do not like the idea of a possible multiplex with I-95.

We do not need to multiplex I-95 anyway. It has enough problems of its own. A direct connection from Rockingham, NC to Myrtle Beach without two interstates multiplexing should be the achieved goal.

I-73 will come very close to Bennettsville. If built eastward, smaller communities like Tatum and Blenheim will have some access to the freeway.

I can see all the South of The Border signs on I-73..."Pedro says South of the Border is only 7 minutes North on I-95".

I can see all the South of The Border signs on I-73..."Pedro says South of the Border is only 7 minutes North on I-95".

:lol: Let's hope at least Marlboro County does something to prevent that from happening.

I am hoping that Bennettsville gets the far left route where I-73 intersects directly with US 15 on the southern side of the city limits. However, it would be good for the highway to bisect SC 38 as well. The city desparately needs highway access to give it some outside exposure.

:rofl:

Good one Waccamatt !!! I'll buy you a beer for that one.

I have not heard much on this road. It does appear however that a lot of money is being spent to build more access to Myrtle Beach as I was down there this past weekend, and the DOT announced a meeting this week on a route for a new highway to the South Strand.

Last I heard they were still arguing about where the route should go. I'm sure there are funding issues as well.