Retail and Restaurant Development

jmanhsv

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After years of rumor and speculation (beginning with a suspicious banner on the not-yet opened Parkway Place in 2002), Jason's Deli is opening two Huntsville locations. One will be located at the Village on Whitesburg next to Fresh Market, while the other one will be built between IHOP and Fairfield Inn at the corner of University and Enterprise. The Whitesburg location will open in June, while the University one will open in November.

Huntsville Times article

• 1 month later...

This restaurant chain should have opened a location in Huntsville years ago. They already have ten locations in Alabama. But now it's official- Panera Bread is opening its first location in North Alabama at the Village on Whitesburg later this summer (August-September). Another location is planned in Decatur, and there might be one coming to Bridge Street, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else eaten at Red Robin?

We ate there last weekend, what a disappointment. Gourmet burgers??? For a $9 burger, it ought to be awesome, I thought it was just a step up from Burger King. The patty was very thin too, 1/4 lb probably. Bottomless steak fries have no appeal to me, the normal portion is more than enough. The atmosphere is fun for kids, but I think you could get a better burger at almost any chain restaurant like Chili's, Longhorn, Ruby Tuesday's...

I didn't care too much for it either. But I hope it continues to do well so that maybe we can get other, better restaurants.

Did you check out the menu for Mezza Luna? It is going in close to Hobby Lobby. That looks like it is going to be good.

Fairway Investments of Birmingham is developing a 60,000 sq ft shopping center at US 72 and Lawsons Ridge. TJ Maxx will be the anchor tenant. It is scheduled to open in Spring 2008. A side note, Aldi is reportedly planning one of its first Huntsville stores near this center.

Fairway is also developing a 45,000 sq ft shopping center next to Wal-Mart in Hampton Cove.

Huntsville Times article

Dunkin Donuts has plans for 30 locations in Chattanooga, so I think there are similar plans for Huntsville. That being said, they're probably going to be everywhere. Also, I saw an ad recently looking for franchisees for Baskin Robbins in Huntsville, so they're also looking to open locations as well (they have plans to open 88 locations in Alabama over the next few years, with 40 in Birmingham).

Dunkin Donuts has plans for 30 locations in Chattanooga, so I think there are similar plans for Huntsville. That being said, they're probably going to be everywhere. Also, I saw an ad recently looking for franchisees for Baskin Robbins in Huntsville, so they're also looking to open locations as well (they have plans to open 88 locations in Alabama over the next few years, with 40 in Birmingham).

• 2 weeks later...
Fairway Investments of Birmingham is developing a 60,000 sq ft shopping center at US 72 and Lawsons Ridge. TJ Maxx will be the anchor tenant. It is scheduled to open in Spring 2008. A side note, Aldi is reportedly planning one of its first Huntsville stores near this center.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived