Retail and Restaurant Development

jmanhsv

• 2 months later...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's funny- by coincidence I ate at the Chattanooga Mellow Mushroom just last week. It was the first time I had been to one, and it was pretty darn good. I now see why so many people wanted one here.

I also heard that Jones Valley is another possible location.

Love Mellow Mushroom. Though, I think they're best suited for places in traditional downtown areas. The one in Tuscaloosa has probably the most awesome atmosphere of all the ones I've been to. It's in a historic building and brings a lot of business to downtown. I think the city should try and recruit it to downtown, but hey, a MM is a MM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read in the Decatur Daily a few days ago that the couple that is putting the restaraunt in Huntsville is from Decatur. Apparently, the old Redstone Federal Credit Union branch in front of the mall in Decatur was their first choice. but, for some reason, the mall officials blocked the deal. And Mellow Mushroom had already approved the location...

I read in the Decatur Daily a few days ago that the couple that is putting the restaraunt in Huntsville is from Decatur. Apparently, the old Redstone Federal Credit Union branch in front of the mall in Decatur was their first choice. but, for some reason, the mall officials blocked the deal. And Mellow Mushroom had already approved the location...

That is surprising.. not that Decatur was first choice but the mall blocked it. Bad move on their part.

Anyway this was a bit surprising as well

"Melissa McFarlin, spokeswoman for Atlanta-based Home-Grown Industries of Georgia, Mellow Mushroom's parent company, said the company has been trying to locate a restaurant in the Huntsville area for about six years, but struggled to find "the right franchisee."

Besides Decatur I would expect theme to open another location at Constellation downtown.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.al.com/business/huntsvilletimes...&thispage=1

From Sunday, March 23, 2008 edition of The Huntsville Times:

Phil Sandoval's Mexican Restaurante

Plans to open in early April, starting with dinner service only before adding lunches soon afterward.

He says "We're going to do totally different recipes - my mom's, my grandmother's, my aunts' - and a lot of fish. We're probably going to do lobster, whitefish, tilapia, fish tacos. And we're going to do soups. "

"It's not going to be like Rosie's. I'm trying to change the atmosphere of the restaurant. I know we have similar dcor - you're going to see that the rustic wood is still here, for instance. But the recipes are different, even the salsa and chips. When you try them, you'll see. It is not Rosie's. This is my place. "

Will be located in Rosie's former location on US-72\University Blvd.

http://www.al.com/business/huntsvilletimes...&thispage=1

From Sunday, March 23, 2008 edition of The Huntsville Times:

Phil Sandoval's Mexican Restaurante

Plans to open in early April, starting with dinner service only before adding lunches soon afterward.

He says "We're going to do totally different recipes - my mom's, my grandmother's, my aunts' - and a lot of fish. We're probably going to do lobster, whitefish, tilapia, fish tacos. And we're going to do soups. "

"It's not going to be like Rosie's. I'm trying to change the atmosphere of the restaurant. I know we have similar dcor - you're going to see that the rustic wood is still here, for instance. But the recipes are different, even the salsa and chips. When you try them, you'll see. It is not Rosie's. This is my place. "

Will be located in Rosie's former location on US-72\University Blvd.

So, the owner of Rosie's is also the owner of this and Phil Sandoval is his partner. Did I read that right? I love the sound of some creative seafood dishes on the menu, more restaurants in town need seafood options on the menu.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived