Winston at Night! 9-8-06

JerseyBoy

Tonight I took several of my friends out to Sixth and Vine and after we finished we walked around the Arts District and ventured over to 4th Street to see all the excitement we were hearing about. It turns out they were having a bike race downtown and they had portions of 4th and Trade blocked off so pedestrians could walk around in the street. There were alot of people down there tonight! :shok: Here are the photos............

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, where is this brightly-lit, modern, interesting looking Greyhound transfer station? Is this new? I've changed Greyhound buses several times in Winston, and it's always been in a dead zone on Greyhound Court, sandwiched between the railroad tracks and the Green 40 / US-52 interchange.

Wait, where is this brightly-lit, modern, interesting looking Greyhound transfer station? Is this new? I've changed Greyhound buses several times in Winston, and it's always been in a dead zone on Greyhound Court, sandwiched between the railroad tracks and the Green 40 / US-52 interchange.

The Greyhound Station moved to the Transit Center (WSTA's downtown hub) on 5th, Trade and Liberty across from the Millenium Center. The site of the old bus station will be reused for PTRP.

The Greyhound Station moved to the Transit Center (WSTA's downtown hub) on 5th, Trade and Liberty across from the Millenium Center. The site of the old bus station will be reused for PTRP.

Cool - any idea what date the Greyhound station moved? It's been at least 6 months since I last rode Greyhound.

• 1 month later...

My family was in North Carolina this past weekend visiting colleges, and we spent one night in Winston-Salem. I must say, none of my family had ever been there, and we were all blown away with W-S! It seems to be a great city, and we thought the downtown was amazing for a town of its size. We were there Friday night and most of Saturday morning and we drove around downtown and had dinner in Bistro 420 on 4th Street (I think), and the downtown area was quite alive (more so than Raliegh's). The next day we visited Wake Forest (I LOOOOVE that school and it's my #1 choice of where to go for college) and drove around W-S some more, and I really love y'all's town.

Those are great pics. It's nice to see how Winston has changed over the years. Franktown...good luck with the colleges, I hope you get in to Wake Forest. I went there for undergrad and had a great experience. At the time Winston was nothing like it is today, I may actually consider moving back one day (live in Chapel Hill now). No one went downtown, especially college students, but I think that's definitely changing.

Archived