Star Trek is 40 Years Old

monsoon

Which Star Trek series did you like the best?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Trek series did you like the best?

• The Original Series
    • The Animated Series
    • The Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
  2. 2. Which was your least favorite?

• The Original Series
    • The Animated Series
    • The Next Generation
    • Deep Space Nine
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise

On September 8, 1966 Star Trek signed on the air and marked a new approach to science fiction which at that point (with a few notable exceptions) had been marked by grade B movies and cheesy TV shows. Its interesting to note that in the 40 years since Star Trek has been on the air in one form or the other almost the entire time. With the exception of Dr. Who it is the longest running SciFi franchise on television.

Which series did you like the best?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deep Space Nine is my favorite, second would the Next Generation.

The animated series, which I've never seen, would probably be my least favorite.

I've seen all of the Deep Space Nine episodes, most of the Next Generation episodes, a few Voyager, one or two of the original, and none of the cartoon or Enterprise.

A few weeks ago a rumor surfaced that said there would be another Star Trek movie that hit the theatres in 2008. It will be set in the TOS universe and that Matt Damen would be cast as younger Captain Kirk.

Interesting, they do need to do something. I don't think the other series were popular enough to make movies from them. Although I like DS9 the best and have always heard many people say good things overall about it. But I guess they don't think that would cross over to the general public for a movie or something.

A few weeks ago a rumor surfaced that said there would be another Star Trek movie that hit the theatres in 2008. It will be set in the TOS universe and that Matt Damen would be cast as younger Captain Kirk.

Matt Damon has too much integrity to do Sar Trek :lol:

Damon is about the same age "The Shat" was when he made TOS, theres no way.

I've watched almost every episode of all the series save the Animated one. The Next Generation was the best, IMO followed closely by Voyager and DS9.

I was really upset with Enterprise, it was a great premise, but the writing and storylines absolutely stank util the last season. If they had writing the whole time like they had for the last season's episodes, that series may have survived.

Archived