Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

The City Club

109 posts in this topic

This project doesn't have its own website (that I'm aware of), but there's a brief description of it on the Columbia Development Corporation's website. It's located on Gervais right across from the State Museum. Construction has already started.

Construction pics, taken 9/3:

cityclub21.jpg

cityclub1.jpg

Middleton Building:

middletonbldg1.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Krazee; this is one of many projects under construction right now.

Cool, thanks for taking these! I didn't know about this project.

Yeah, City Club flies under the radar a bit; it took me a little while to find out about it myself. It could be because the developer isn't really high profile like Prioreschi or Holder Properties. But it's in a great location. It will also have access to the river. I'm wondering if that riverfront property will be developed, either in conjunction with the Innovista/Guignard plan or separately? It won't be that far from Canal Front.

Yeah, City Club flies under the radar a bit; it took me a little while to find out about it myself. It could be because the developer isn't really high profile like Prioreschi or Holder Properties. But it's in a great location. It will also have access to the river. I'm wondering if that riverfront property will be developed, either in conjunction with the Innovista/Guignard plan or separately? It won't be that far from Canal Front.

I drove past this spot in July when they were cleaning the lot and wasn't able to figure out what was being built. This project should be a nice one :thumbsup:

I remember when it was announced. They said that the townhomes would have a Georgetown feel. I hope they pull it off.

It'll be great, but I stopped and read the sign they had up a few months ago, and the price range is $400,000 to $700,000. Way too elite. I hope more affordable stuff comes downtown, like the Vsion condos.

I remember when it was announced. They said that the townhomes would have a Georgetown feel. I hope they pull it off.

I know Georgetown is a very nice place

Georgetown is awesome. We'll have to way and see.

Obviously it wont BE Georgetown... hopefully just have the look. It should at least be a great residential addition to the Vista.

Are we speaking of the neighborhood in DC or Georgetown, SC? :)

I would hope that he means historic Georgetown, SC.

I was like wow. All ya'll talking bout Georgetown, SC. I'm thinkin damn, I don't even know what it look like lol

I was like wow. All ya'll talking bout Georgetown, SC. I'm thinkin damn, I don't even know what it look like lol

I can't tell you what Georgetown,S.C. looks like either :silly:

Georgetown D.C. While Georgetown, SC is a beautiful coastal town, I don't see it's style fitting in in the Vista. Plus, I don't think Gtown Sc is known for its town homes!

I've heard that the first phase has almost sold out. I hope the sales are to people who plan on living there, rather than speculators.

^I would hope so too, especially considering the prices.

^But didn't speculators buy a bunch of the condos on Lady Street? I vaguely recall an article in the State talking about that and how most of the units were still vacant,even though they had been sold.

Not bad, but I wish they faced Gervais Street.

Not bad, but I wish they faced Gervais Street.

Thanks for those pictures. This development has made some serious progress. I am not digging those port-holes though. Is this supposed to be a boat?