Smithfield Photos

TBurban

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smithfield is a charming town and you've captured its essence, Tommy.

Smithfield Inn used to offer some good eatin' and I'll bet it still does.

The Marina is relatively new, isn't it? I mean, at least, in it's current apparance.

I wondered why black and whites intermingle with your color shots?

And what is Ben Franklin doing in Smithfield? He seems to be relaxing on a bench whilst perusing the daily paper.

Thanks, Tburban.

Smithfield is a charming town and you've captured its essence, Tommy.

Smithfield Inn used to offer some good eatin' and I'll bet it still does.

The Marina is relatively new, isn't it? I mean, at least, in it's current apparance.

I wondered why black and whites intermingle with your color shots?

And what is Ben Franklin doing in Smithfield? He seems to be relaxing on a bench whilst perusing the daily paper.

Thanks, Tburban.

Thanks, Burt :)

The Marina Restaurant is still there, and the Marina and Inn recently had undergone a major renovation. The Inn is currently expanding the building, with a completion date of September of 2007.

The black and whites were there hiding that bright white sky my camera got from the glare of the sun. I put them in black and white to make it look more natural, as if the glare weasnt there to begin with.

Im not quite sure what Ben Franklin was doing in Smithfield. It didnt have any plaque next to him describing what he had to do with anything. Maybe he was just a great lover of their ham :lol: After all, this was right next to the Smithfield Ham Shop.

I'm not even going to venture a guess as to what ol' Ben is doing outside a ham shop in Smithfield, but that statue an exact replica of one sitting on a bench a few blocks from my house in Philadelphia...except that it's mirrored, for some reason. It's on the University of Pennsylvania's campus. Check it out:

img_0010.jpg

Archived