Tulsa Hills

mcheiss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The aisles are wider, not as tall, people don't walk so slowly, they aren't located at every intersection, they aren't manipulating the market, you can breeth inside of one, they have a great candy section, and the parking lots are filled but with less morons. Basically Target is everything Wal Mart is not.

Your confused? OK, I won't confuse you. Go Wal Mart.

Here's a photo of University North Park/University Town Center, whatever they're calling it now.

2_21_09_06_8_07_19.JPG

Thanks for the pics Okie. I actually made it down to Norman for the game this weekend. I also noticed something. I read somewhere on here that there was going to be a Warren theater in this development, but I noticed there was a sign in Moore (near Walmart) saying that a 20 plex Warren theater is coming soon. I would not think that they are putting in two huge nice theaters...Has anyone else seen this?

Also, I guess we should have started a seperate thread for University Town Center so that there is no confusion between it and Tulsa Hills. Is that possible Matt? By the way, it is nice to see you hanging out in Oklahoma land and not just in NW Arkansas. :D

Including new locations that are so environmentally friendly they flood the neighborhoods behind them...

And don't say the Edmond store opening last week isn't probably the nicest as of yet...

Edit: Granted, their designs in the Tulsa area are slowly getting better. The Edmond location's design is neat, but just as Tulsa's don't look as bad as the ones in OKC, they're all still Wal Marts.

Including new locations that are so environmentally friendly they flood the neighborhoods behind them...

^

FYI, Plenty of other big box stores have the same problem. :whistling: The flooding issue isn't as easy as everyone assumes. You can put in wetlands, food detention sites, pipes and ditches. However, when heavy storms hit, flooding is going to occuer.

May'be you should check out some of these Wal-Mart stores, I bet you haven't seen anything like them.

McKinney WM

McKinney Store #2

Aurora, CO WM

^

FYI, Plenty of other big box stores have the same problem. :whistling: The flooding issue isn't as easy as everyone assumes. You can put in wetlands, food detention sites, pipes and ditches. However, when heavy storms hit, flooding is going to occuer.

May'be you should check out some of these Wal-Mart stores, I bet you haven't seen anything like them.

McKinney WM

McKinney Store #2

Aurora, CO WM

No, I haven't seen anything like them, but isn't that the point then? There are two or three of those stores and thousands of the bad ugly bad ones. These are a PR move, nothing more. And does the store itself being "green" change the shoddy items being sold inside? the overcrowded isles, is the store kept cleaner than the average store (which is filthy) Or is the service better than the horrible service provided now by poorly paid workers with terrible benefits than end up being on welfare while working? Is it better than that?

These are a PR move, nothing more. And does the store itself being "green" change the shoddy items being sold inside? the overcrowded isles, is the store kept cleaner than the average store (which is filthy) Or is the service better than the horrible service provided now by poorly paid workers with terrible benefits than end up being on welfare while working? Is it better than that?

Actually these are more than a PR move. Wal-Mart is planning on opening more and more of these stores throughout the years. I'd like to see Target build something like that, I'm sure it won't happen.

Again with pay, the only people that complain about the pay are the people that never make changes in their lives. Wal-mart offers plenty of management opportunities to their employees, it's up to the employees to take the initiative for better pay. Wal-Mart even has a new pay cap system that is implimented to encourage workers to move higher up in the system. Pay is actually pretty good there compared to normal places. When I was 16, I got a job at my Wal-Mart making $7 an hour for a cashier job, which was 7 years ago. Most other places would only pay me minimum wage and force me to work aweful hours.

Actually these are more than a PR move. Wal-Mart is planning on opening more and more of these stores throughout the years. I'd like to see Target build something like that, I'm sure it won't happen.

Again with pay, the only people that complain about the pay are the people that never make changes in their lives. Wal-mart offers plenty of management opportunities to their employees, it's up to the employees to take the initiative for better pay. Wal-Mart even has a new pay cap system that is implimented to encourage workers to move higher up in the system. Pay is actually pretty good there compared to normal places. When I was 16, I got a job at my Wal-Mart making $7 an hour for a cashier job, which was 7 years ago. Most other places would only pay me minimum wage and force me to work aweful hours.

A

Let me put it this way, at my last job I had two people working for me, each making 35,000 or so a year, both working part time jobs at night for whatever reason. Both worked for Arkansas based retail companies, One at Wal-Mart for something like $6-7 an hour, the other for $11-12 an hour at Dillards. The Wal-Mart person stayed there because he lived in a distant suburb of Tulsa (Skiatook) and didn

Let me put it this way, at my last job I had two people working for me, each making 35,000 or so a year, both working part time jobs at night for whatever reason. Both worked for Arkansas based retail companies, One at Wal-Mart for something like $6-7 an hour, the other for $11-12 an hour at Dillards. The Wal-Mart person stayed there because he lived in a distant suburb of Tulsa (Skiatook) and didn

Are you an under cover Internet spokesman for Wal Fart Corp?

Furthermore I'd like to mention that Target, Best Buy and other stores... have not improved their shint because they haven't been under pressure to. Nobody's putting pressure on Target because no pressure needs to be applied. I, a grown man with a career, would take a forced day working at Target wearing a stupid red apron than being in a Wal Mart for a second.

Oh and they pay up to $10,000 for managers? Now is that right?

Normally I just read around on the forums to hear about up and coming projects in the area I live in. I stumbled upon this topic and just felt that I should give my point of view from someone who actually works in a Wal-Mart store at an hourly position.

First off allow me to introduce myself. Im an 18 year old full time college student. I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas and work part-time as a cashier at Wal-Mart #5260. I've been there for almost a year now. Its an alright job for a college student who is just looking for a little extra money to pay the car insurance and gas bills.

I have very few problems with how Wal-Mart pays their employees. It is true that Wal-Marts pay structure is designed to benefit the employee that works up the ladder. But that system doesnt exactly always work for someone who only works part-time. Sure I would like a little more, but then again is anyone ever satisfied with what they are making? No they arent, no matter how much money one makes one is always looking to make more. Its a true statment, because its what is known as human nature. I know for a fact that I could go somewhere else and probably get paid a little more an hour, I stay at Wal-Mart because I know that my job is secure and I can work around my college class schedule.

Would I ever work in a Wal-Mart store full time at any hourly position? Hell no I wouldnt, thats why Im going to college. So I can have a better life for myself. Give or take a few but probably half of our day-time cashiers are high school dropouts. Most of these people that I have talked to tell me to not make the same mistakes they did, examples being drugs and teenage pregnancies.

These people choose to work at Wal-Mart. Sure it may not be the same for all stores but at #5260 it is. They are happy and content in doing their jobs to serve the customer. It is also relatively easy to move up the system at Wal-Mart. Unless, of course your a college student who cannot work full time hours, but then again dont these people need the job more than me if they can actually be there whenever they need to be. For example a recent Customer Service Supervisor position became available at my store, I was promptly told by my manager that If I applied I would have an above average chance of getting the position. However, college is more important in my life and I turned the chance at the position down.

Basically what I am trying to say is dont make assumptions about Wal-Mart unless you have worked in a store yourself and seen what it is like first-hand. I know that I am lucky to work at such a nice store and I am very sure that If I worked in a store that was possibly a little older and rougher looking than my opinoin would be different. Do I see myself working for Wal-Mart when I get out of college? Not at all, I want to work for a Fortune 500 company other than Wal-Mart internationally.

Flame me if you want, I just thought I would voice my opinoin as an actual hourly Wal-Mart associate.

Are you an under cover Internet spokesman for Wal Fart Corp?

The level of maturity of people on the internet these days is amazing....

I thought you said that dirty stores and unkempt customer service were the result of Wal-Mart being run poorely, not ineffective management?

As for the stock prices, I blame the media. Check the news and search Target, you'll see only positive search results, while Wal-Mart has only negative simply because they're the biggest and it's expected that they be perfect in every way shape and form. The media only cares about getting a good story and if Wal-Mart makes one tiny mistake, they jump all over it, along with people like you. You don't see this happening to Target simply because Target isn't the biggest.

Don

Archived