Tulsa Hills

mcheiss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you said the stores were unkempt and dirty. That's entirely different than "being run poorly". Believe me, I've worked in Wal-Marts that look like crap and had managers that were some of the best I've ever seen. Store success isn't guranteed with a clean store. It's how effective Management is.

BTW, I've been in Target's that are nice yet employees that are lazy and do complain about their jobs. I had to wait 25 minutes for a price check in there, and all the employee could say was that they don't pay her enough for this job.

There are many reasons that management can fail and many are not even any one managers fault, or even managements fault at all. But, part of being management is that everything is your fault, the buck stops with you, run with it.

A great hardworking manager may not know how (or feel he trust his people enough) to delegate.

He/she may be too focused on the bottom line to hire enough people get the job done.

A manager could be a poor judge of talent. Or too nice.

A manager may not be allowed to hire the right and best people (which I think is the root of Wal-Marts issues) and may have to make due with fewer and less qualified people.

A great manager is sometimes placed in a terrible situation to see if he can fix problems. Mid-fix that situation can still seem like poor management.

For any store to be dirty presents a very bad image to the public, for stores that are also grocery stores, like Wal-Mart, this is a huge problem. With many Wal-Marts you wonder how some stores even pass health department inspections. Wal-Mart seems to have fallen into the trap of trying so hard to hit numbers by focusing on sales, and by keeping a lid on prices and costs that they have forgotten the customer. And employees, if they ever were on the company

Hey, I might be wrong, but I thought this thread was about the TULSA HILLS LOCATION, nobody is getting anywhere, I like Wal-Mart, and I like Target, Yea I live in NWA so what, This argument is getting no where. Lets get back to development. K? K.

Target is so much better. Wal-Mart pretends to be such a "green" company, but they come into Edmond and knock down a hill and forest next to a lake to build their stupid big box when we in no way need another Wal-Mart in Edmond. Also, while that store was being built, my dad was riding his bike past it and he decided to go into their parking lot and see how devastated the landscape actually was.

It's to note that he was wearing cylcling gear including a jersey and cycling shoes (which you can hardly walk in, much less run away in after burglarizing or vandalizing). It's also to note that this was a road bike, not a mountain bike and is thus somewhat fragile.

As he was leaving, a man in a motorized cart came barrelling towards him from the building at high speed. The man actually hit my dad's bicycle with his vehicle before yelling at him that this was private property and he was trespassing and needed to get out. My dad proceeded to call the man a "horse's ass" and then left.

Another reason why I will not EVER spend any money at the Fox Lake Walmart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is an update on the stores coming to this development. This is what has been announced so far. Expect more to follow over the next few months.

Best Buy

Petsmart

Chili's

Bank of Oklahoma

DressBarn

RackRoom Shoes

Starbuck's

McDonald's

Chick-Fil-A

Ross

Lane Bryant

T.J. Maxx

Target

Lowe's

Belk

Unnamed Therater Chain

Tulsa Hills Plat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

1577797527_80a5ea2fb5_o.jpg

Here is an updated list of stores for Tulsa Hills. I can't wait until this project is finished, it is so much closer than having to drive to the Woodland Hills area and there will hopefully be somewhat less traffic.

March 2008

Previously announced national retailers Target and Belk are scheduled to open

April 2008

Lowe

Archived