pictures for the sake of pictures

rocky top buzz

Maybe I'm just a mean old crumudgen, but does anyone else not like all the 'picture' topics posted on here over the past few weeks? I mean, if it's related to something going on (new developement, related to a current discussions posted, etc.), then it's ok. It just seem like there are bunch of topics that are just pictures for the sake of pictures, and it's just boring to me!

I didn't know if I was in the majority or minority, so let me know what you think. If you've got an interesting picture, great! If you've got another picture of the bellsouth tower, I personally could care less.

Maybe there are so many picture topics because nothing exciting is going on right now?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On behalf of those who live far away, I generally like them (As long as they're good). If they're not of development, I think they should be in the coffee house. However, I appreciate the Topic line indicating they're pics. I know most of the guys on this forum give that warning.

I enjoy them a lot, seeing that I maybe go to downtown about 5 times a year. It helps us know how much is changing. And to answer your question, no. There are not picture threads because nothing is going on. In fact, I think that the forum is about as busy as I can remember, and great projects are being worked on everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also in the "I like picture threads" category. It gives me a chance to see places I've never seen before (particularly places outside of Murfreesboro), or see them in perhaps a new way. I post pictures for a few different reasons. Partly I like to share my work with others, but also I like to highlight things that interest me. I also think it's a great way to promote my city as I'm able to showcase development in Murfreessboro, as well as beautiful scenery and local landmarks.

Archived