Studio 56 Progress

vdogg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Pac is really going to turn into the heart of the TC. I really like this building, will be quite amazing to stand infront of the PAC, next to this building with the Westin towering over head.

The TC keeps getting better each time and more urban, which is good for VB.

I wasn't too sure what to expect out of this building but I am pleasantly surprised by the initial renderings. This will become the densest part of TC with the Westin, PAC, and now this building tucked into such a small area. Now about that pilot building. :whistling:

I noticed the planning commission is to review this today. Do they have a website to follow up?

No. unfortunately they don't however when it appears on the city councils docket it'll show whether approval was recommended or not. I may call the staff planner when I get time but we'll probably see an article out about it in the very near term. I imagined it's most likely been appoved.

:) Sweet. Looks a lot better in color. :D

Good lord that poll is horrific! :shok: 77% no? I'm assuming most are beach resisdents. Try as we might we will never change the suburban character of our city. I'm surprised these projects have been as successful as they are with such a resounding lack of support.

I didn't see that poll until now. That is a pretty high number for sure. :huh: Cmon, folks.

Anyway, I need to look at the lot again. Thinking about it I still can't see how this building will fit as it does in the picture beside the PAC.

You can't go by a pilot poll to show the support for this project. These people can be from anywhere around the region and outside of it. These places are moving and this shows the support is there.

I didn't vote, as I just saw the article and missed the poll. I love the comments though, many of them "get it." They are MASSIVELY OVERPRICED. The wages here cannot support that kind of cost!!

I just got a new job. Very high tech research center in the region, and they wouldn't even match my previous wages. And I'm doing quite a bit better than lots of my friends in the area, who also work in IT/computers. And I'm not talking about recent ECPI graduates, I'm talking about people that really know their game when it comes to Cisco, UNIX, enterprise storage, etc. The wages just aren't here. If the lofts were $100K each, then it might be okay, but still it's just a room.

I made it onto a radio show yesterday. Tony London on 850AM. They spun all of my negative stuff, but the truth is... the advice they were handing out is going to ruin lots of people. The affordability of the overpriced housing comes via risky loans, that are going to go into default. The investors will loose hardcore (I mean those investing in the loans).

I can't wait for the return of affordability in housing. Our region has nothing to gain by having everyone unwilling to sign up for a suicide loan priced out of the market.

No offense, but why should we care whether you or anyone else on the Pilot poll/comments section would or would not live in urban Beach housing? I wouldn't live in it either, but I'm not going to taking my feelings and make a generalization of the population at large.

There has to be a market for it, otherwise it wouldn't be built. The original plans called for a 3-story office/retail building. That changed to a 5-story loft/retail building. If the market wasn't there, they would have stayed with the offices or made it a completely mixed-use building with only half the number of lofts. If it fails, it fails. That is the fault of the builder. Luckily, since there is no garage, no public money is going into this thing (assuming all money spent on infrastructure would have been done anyway because of the PAC).

Archived