Studio 56 Progress

vdogg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got my fingers crossed that these turn out better than the St Pauls Place lofts in downtown. Those were designed to look like 'new' old industrial lofts. I'm hoping for a modern industrial look here, not blatantly manufactured.

• 4 weeks later...

I also love it, just wish they made some more affordable to people like myself ;) Towne center is such an interesting area, although all the locals I've met in the area somewhat despise it since it's all chain restaurants and such, lacking character in their minds. I cant wait to see the westin complete, so neat driving by to check the progress every now & again.

I also love it, just wish they made some more affordable to people like myself ;) Towne center is such an interesting area, although all the locals I've met in the area somewhat despise it since it's all chain restaurants and such, lacking character in their minds. I cant wait to see the westin complete, so neat driving by to check the progress every now & again.

Wow.. .that project is going up FAST! Announcement to finish in one cycle of confusion of Granby Tower.

Still overpriced. Slash prices 1/3rd to 1/4th then it's proper. But whatever. Inventory is good, inventory is great, help us reach a cheaper-housing-fate.

^^^It's amazing how fast steel goes up compared to concrete.

Urban, I went in the Westin sales office over Christmas and the realtor then said that they had over 500 inquiries. If he was accurate, I'd say they'd sell out before this thing is finished being build.

On a side note- My wife and I went to Ruth's Chris last night. Thanks mostly to a gift certificate! I doubt we would have gone otherwise. But, the steak was fantastic and "sizzling on a 500 degree plate" :o The atmosphere was very nice! For some reason it reminded me of the mansion in the movie Clue. :lol: The wait staff, etc., was super cordial. It felt like I was on my honeymoon. The elegant, light classical music was even being pumped from a Bose sound system. Was it over priced? Sure! But, the food was very good and the portions were very big, and the atmosphere was nice.

Anyway, after we left I we walked around to see the Studio 56 construction. It is really helping to fill up and "densify", yes, I said densify that street. You're right vdogg, a new office tower will totally complete the look and urban feel block.

Later,

Metalman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Passed by Studio 56 today and I must say it really does look awesome. It fits in perfectly with its surroundings and now that most of the glass is in it has a really sleek and polished feel. They did a great job with this building.

Passed by Studio 56 today and I must say it really does look awesome. It fits in perfectly with its surroundings and now that most of the glass is in it has a really sleek and polished feel. They did a great job with this building.

The Studio 56 sales office is now open in TC between Zushi and Red Star Tavern. I dropped in over the weekend as having seen one of the sales staff in the coffee shop. They actually have a model unit which is really neat. The countertops in the bathroom and kitchen are granite but instead of tradional granite are not shiny and have this very uneven edge which is really cool. The exposed ceilings with ductwork and high windows gives a loft feel. And of course the stainless steel appliances are nice as well. This particular unit features a small wall around the bedroom area but that is an option and can be built without. These lofts will really be a great addition to TC.

Archived