Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotteman

Tons of people at the Square late Sat. nite!

7 posts in this topic

Late on Saturday night a bit of insomnia lead me to look at WBT's webcams, especially the one of the Square. I just couldn't believe all the people, the cars, it looked like a different place than it looks like during weekdays!

There must be more nightclubs Uptown than I realized.

Perhaps this should be conciously nurtured. After all, one of the things EVERYONE says about you-know-who, is that they have awesome nightclubs and discos etc. Of course I don't want Charlotte to be another "you-know-who" but having fun things to do at night is healthy for any city:)

oops, I meant this to go in the Charlotte coffeehouse area. Can someone move it? Thanks!

One notes the irony of someone being excited by downtown nightlife through the eyes of a webcam.

Edit: I see you are in Seattle, NVM. However this post probably violates our rules due to the fact that it sounds like a pissing contest.

Oh I shouldn't have mentioned you-know-who:) Please forgive me, as starting another city feud was the last thing on my mind-lol

But getting back to the topic, I was simply amazed by the activity at the Square at 2:00 A.M. Not only people but lots of cars too. More than I've ever seen during a daytime shot of the Square.

Charlotte obviously has a lot going on at nights! Too bad the city can't expand on it, capitalize on it, become known as a party town.

And yes I lead a boring life, as evidenced by my admiring a webcam from thousands of miles away!

We also had a home Panthers game (not that it ended joyfully for us!) that brought 70,000 people downtown...but 2am is a long time from the end of the game.

We also had a home Panthers game (not that it ended joyfully for us!) that brought 70,000 people downtown...but 2am is a long time from the end of the game.

Well I can honestly say the crowd wasn't because of the game which was on sunday and he viewed the cam on saturday night.When I go downtown on friday thru sunday nights it's always overly crowded with people ,cars and policemen because of the bars,clubs,restaurants and just visitors venturing a night out on the town.Wednesdays and thursday are pretty vibrant as well,more than you probaly realize.I say to anyone who hasn't been downtown on a friday or saturday night to just take a night to go out and walk around or go grab something to eat and just enjoy the atmosphere.I'm from NYC and thats what i'm used to and I'm glad that charlotte is stepping up their game so-to-speak.Another thing I like about the downtown area at night is there are all kinds of people out from different ethnic backgrounds,lifestyles and cultures and mainly everybody gets along with each other and you can honestly be comfortable in your own skin and thats a plus for any city in the south.