ARRANDS - vol.1 - by mthq

Well I had to make some arrands around town on this freezing friday morning. The temp was at around 15 degrees and zero degrees windchill.. it was COLD. Anyways, here we go!

Ill leave it up to the imagination as to why i went to some of these places..

iditarod41.jpg

iditarod42.jpg

sky sure is blue today

iditarod43.jpg

iditarod44.jpg

the new, and our first Motel 6 is coming out great! can't wait to see the finished product. The hotel stands next to the newly completed Hilton hotel and Cottonwood Suites along with the recently completed TGI Fridays :)

iditarod45.jpg

iditarod46.jpg

construction workers working on the new Centerpoint Financial Center (five storys) which will be the little brother to the ASRC Building.

iditarod47.jpg

3 of the 5 floors are completed. Construction season starts next month btw. I CAN'T WAIT!!

iditarod48.jpg

ASRC in all its glory.. the treasure, savior, and leader of the new Alaskan Native Architecture

iditarod49.jpg

iditarod50.jpg

iditarod51.jpg

and now to downtown for the relatives in AHNOLD, CA

iditarod52.jpg

iditarod53.jpg

iditarod54.jpg

iditarod56.jpg

and our final stop

iditarod57.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's an "arrand"? :blink:

Wow, a really creative..... dare I say, Sasso-class, photo tour!

Yep, I agree with you, Motel 6 rocks if you're low on cash like me! In particular I love it when simple low-rise motels stand close to high-rise or relatively higher-end hotels such as the Hilton you mentioned.... it brings up the competition and theoretically makes the motel cheaper.

FOX- Indeed it may be sasso-ish, but i hope to take my own direction by mixing city photos with natural scenary for future threads at SSP ;)

also an ARRAND is when you make trips around the city to get whatever you need such as food, drop off mail, etc..

urbanguy - finally! yes yes i have indeed been workin the camera pretty well.. can't wait for california tomorrow though :)

the first pic is in a neighborhood about a mile and a half down the road from me ;)

Don't you all have car washes up there? :lol:

That ID, tickets, and wad of cash looks suspicious, what are you up too? Do I need to contact Donald Rumsfeld?

Not to be a twit, but I think the word you're looking for is 'errands'.

Don't you all have car washes up there? :lol:

That ID, tickets, and wad of cash looks suspicious, what are you up too? Do I need to contact Donald Rumsfeld?

Not to be a twit, but I think the word you're looking for is 'errands'.

errands? doh!

about the carwashes.. this is why i love going to California and just about anywhere in the lower 48.. you guys got clean cars, smooth roads, the works.

Here in AK an old car looks like trash, but in Cali, a 1987 Subaru looks like a 1972 Ferrari in a color other than red :P

me? Ford Explorer? i don't think so ;)

btw, I made a visit to the mthq Estates out there in Morgan Hill, California.. I will have just a couple of pics from that place as well. (on the way back, my aunt and I droved passed San Francisco at night)

I'm gonna be taking my downtown sacto shots today btw.

about the carwashes.. this is why i love going to California and just about anywhere in the lower 48.. you guys got clean cars, smooth roads, the works.

You obviously haven't been to Michigan...the pothole state. LOL. Less than 10% of roads here are in good condition. I think it's probably safe to say that most of the roads in the state are in fair or poor condition, leaving maybe 25% in average condition. Of course it does not help that we have the 2 month long freeze-thaw cycle going on in the spring & in the fall, or that we don't get our fair share of federal transportation money from the federal government.

You obviously haven't been to Michigan...the pothole state. LOL. Less than 10% of roads here are in good condition. I think it's probably safe to say that most of the roads in the state are in fair or poor condition, leaving maybe 25% in average condition. Of course it does not help that we have the 2 month long freeze-thaw cycle going on in the spring & in the fall, or that we don't get our fair share of federal transportation money from the federal government.

ha, no wonder. The thaw you and I get in the spring is the #1 reason for all the potholes.. i wouldn't be surprised if other northern states don't have smooth roads like California.

Archived