9/11 Fallout

AlabamaGuy2007

Many great Americans lost their lives today five years ago, terrorists challenged the very foundation we stand on, and we stood firm. This shows the true passion of the American spirit, that we will never let down.

This article I found in the Decatur Daily written by the AP shows that and other things caused by 9/11, some of the numbers are amazing.

9/11 Aftermath

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many great Americans lost their lives today five years ago, terrorists challenged the very foundation we stand on, and we stood firm. This shows the true passion of the American spirit, that we will never let down.

This article I found in the Decatur Daily written by the AP shows that and other things caused by 9/11, some of the numbers are amazing.

9/11 Aftermath

Thats a good link :thumbsup:

Honestly I am tired of hearing about it. I respect those who died, but the media and politicians have wrapped themselves in it for the last week in hopes of making personal, political and financial gains. You can't watch TV right now without seeing something about 9/11 almost every minute. It is shameful and jiust another sign this country revels in nothing but sensationalistic tabloidism.

And not one word about the soldiers and others who have died in Iraq even though those numbers far exceed those of 9/11 and sadly which could have been prevented.

Indeed. As further example of this, there was almost a nuclear reactor meltdown in Sweden, due in part, because of a design defect in the reactor. All similiar reactors have now been shutdown in Sweden and there is a fierce debate about this design in Germany. Not one iota mention in our media about this because it only focuses on one or two stories at a time to the exclusion of all else. Someone ought to be asking, "Can any of the 68 nuclear plants, most with multiple reactors fail in the same manner?" But of course nobody is asking.

America Media - Loves to wave the flag, too afraid to raise the red flag.

Honestly I am tired of hearing about it. I respect those who died, but the media and politicians have wrapped themselves in it for the last week in hopes of making personal, political and financial gains. You can't watch TV right now without seeing something about 9/11 almost every minute. It is shameful and jiust another sign this country revels in nothing but sensationalistic tabloidism.

And not one word about the soldiers and others who have died in Iraq even though those numbers far exceed those of 9/11 and sadly which could have been prevented.

I thought it was going to be all day original coverage of 9/11 on CNN, so I wanted to tune in and watch this morning. Nope, that's online. They're covering the vice president having moments of silence with Margaret Thatcher...

Oh well, it just means I'll have to remember the date in my own reflection, and not by watching the news.

Archived