Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Great new view of Downtown

16 posts in this topic

I took a wrong turn today.... and got a fantastic view of the city. I didn't have a camera, so no pics, but check it out, Ferncliff Dr in West Hartford. Off Rt44, going toward Avon, next right after Mountain Drive.

Wow I was just up there the other day with my aunt and uncle who were looking at a house that was for sale up there. There are about 6 or 7 houses that have unobstructed views of the entire area including the Hartford skyling as well as most of the burbs

Wow I was just up there the other day with my aunt and uncle who were looking at a house that was for sale up there. There are about 6 or 7 houses that have unobstructed views of the entire area including the Hartford skyling as well as most of the burbs

God bless them if they can afford that view. It's really a hidden treasure, total view of the skyline cropping up out of the trees, and that's from the road....

God bless them if they can afford that view. It's really a hidden treasure, total view of the skyline cropping up out of the trees, and that's from the road....

Doesn't Ray Allen own one of those houses??

Doesn't Ray Allen own one of those houses??

No idea, but he's smart if he does...

Ray's Mother lives in a house on Balfour Drive, which is also in West Hartford, and has unbelievable views of Downtown Hartford. She also has been the recipient of many complaints from her neighbors, for among other things, having dogs that bark non-stop.

Two other great spot is

-West Hartford Reservoir on Farmington Avenue, hiking/mountain biking trail that overlooks all of Hartford and the valley.

-Top of Fox Chase Lane, there is a little cul de sac that has great views.

I took a wrong turn today.... and got a fantastic view of the city. I didn't have a camera, so no pics, but check it out, Ferncliff Dr in West Hartford. Off Rt44, going toward Avon, next right after Mountain Drive.

Did it look something like this? ;)

Sept20062.jpg

Sept20063.jpg

Sept20064.jpg

Did it look something like this? ;)

Sept20062.jpg

Sept20063.jpg

Sept20064.jpg

Yes, actually it did look like that... :thumbsup:

Elizabeth Park on the Hartford/West Hartford line has some really nice views of the city.

If I am not mistaken, the clearings on the mountain to the right in the distance is Case Mountain Manchester, another great viewpoint

Balfour Drive is also home to some very nice houses...some of the nicest in the area.

Also from Ferncliff you can see everything laid out flat so you look from left to right and see green space and the suburbs then see the city situated in the middle

Also from Ferncliff you can see everything laid out flat so you look from left to right and see green space and the suburbs then see the city situated in the middle

Yeah it was pretty cool, and to think I never even knew there was a view from there and lived in West Hartford most of my life. I've always known about Balfour and Buena Vista and what not, but this was my first time on Ferncliff. Props to Vlad for pointing it out. Really it's amazing how many great views there are of the city because of the valley it's in. Parts of Glastonbury have some kick ass views as well. And of course Wickham park in Manchester is amazing, maybe my favorite view of all.

My favorite view will always be driving in on I91 coming from the south.

I just came back from Mass on I-84 tonight and I must say the view of downtown at night as you come over the rise in Manchester is great...

Great pics. One of you fellows needs to get up to this vantage point again on a very clear day. :thumbsup: