I-91 in Hartford

blink55184

If you are going to redo highway signs in Connecticut :) I think you should renumber the exits - to mileage most states are going with mileage so you may start with Exit 1 and the exit 9 miles up the road could be Exit 10.

More states are changing to Mileage.

JimS

I agree with this 100%.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be in East Hartford's Veteran Park. I know a friend took an I 86 sign and put it in a swampy area. It could still be there. I'm glad 384 didn't happened, but they took my motorcycling area for the 384/84 interchange.

JimS

There used to be one on the far west side of the big JCPenney complex in Manchester.

I have also heard that our genius DOT originally planned to have I-84 run through Bushnell Park.

Thank God that didn't happen.

I really like the idea of doing the 484 tunnel under bushnell to the whitehead highway. i think it would alleviate a lot of the congestion on 84 in that area, especially during rush hour. Ideally I'd like to see 84 buried from broad to 91.

The worst part of I-484 already exists. It is the part of I-84 near the State Capitol that was designed for the interchange. The actual tunnel wouldn't have made it any worse.

That picture is about 5 years old.

It was backwards, as you can see, facing the wrong way, and the other side had something about picnicing on it.

It was in the rest stop, I think Willington, on the East bound side.

It was as you were leaving the rest stop to get back on the highway.

It is gone now.

Dont know where the manchester one is.

Id like to since I grew up there

Archived