Dutch Square Center

xyhamiltonboi

Guys theres the new Walmart going up down the road from Dutch Square that typically highlights a traditional power center next to it that could steal many of Dutch Square's tenants including Shoe Department, Dress Barn, Dollar Tree, Radio Shack, Friedman's and Claires. It's also traditional that a Chinese Restaurant joins the mix.

The biggest piece of information is that Burlington Coat Factory is looking for a new location in Columbia, can Columbia support two Burlington Coat Factories or do you think the Dutch Square location would close.

All this and more could affect Dutch Square as early as Spring 2007

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Columbia can support two Burlington's. I don't think this walmart will affect Dutch Suqare mall.

I don't think Walmart will hurt Dutch Square's business either if anything it might actually help Dutch Square. We can defintely look for more developments following this Walmart. I wish someone do something to the old circuit city on Bush River.

Maybe I'm not seeing it the same way. Dutch Square's typical tenants "national brands" are found in community centers adjacent to WALMART. I'm saying they're probably going to leave Dutch Square in favor of what people are going for these days "quick in and out". Dutch Square is plaqued by slow traffic a great majority. An example of WALMART coming and doing the opposite. Take a look at the WALMART on Garners Ferry and what it did to teh center it left. Walmart isn't leaving the center, but it will steal the national brands trust me.

Archived