Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

19 hours ago, dnashobviously said:

Yeah originally that was planned but they've recently announced Starbucks for a location in the outlets directly across from the food court so I would that the planned one beside Cavendars is nixed. 

I don't know if that is a reason for them to not build both. In Bryant, you can stand in one place and see three Starbucks. There's one inside the target, one stand alone, and one across the interstate in Kroger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The building going up next to Cavender's and Dave and Buster will be the Grove Shopping Center. I believe Taziki's suppose to be in that building. Does anybody know if the movie theater announced early this year still in the works? Also, what happened to the additional restaurants, hotels, and live music venue that was supposed to be in this development. The current developer has been quiet with the Gateway Town Center development lately. 

Edited by ecity3138

3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

Movie Tavern is still listed on the dev map so, should still be happening... yeah sadly a lot of retail complex's go through that in this area.. big push.. big hype.. then the dev just goes quiet and delays and stuff starts cancelling out.

-R

The development map states that Movie Tavern is under contract and that a closing on the property is set to occur in late 2016.  

• 2 weeks later...

Was told while at Gearhead Outfitters today in the Outlets that they are closing on Sunday. They are currently having a sale to get rid of what's left.  I asked the employee if they were the first store to go out of business there, and was told the store next door had went out of business a couple weeks ago. They didn't know the name of that store but told me they sold Razorback stuff. 

12 hours ago, dnashobviously said:

Was told while at Gearhead Outfitters today in the Outlets that they are closing on Sunday. They are currently having a sale to get rid of what's left.  I asked the employee if they were the first store to go out of business there, and was told the store next door had went out of business a couple weeks ago. They didn't know the name of that store but told me they sold Razorback stuff. 

This is not a good sign at all. Maybe something new will take that spot. From what I was told, the Outlet Mall is usually empty during the week and busy on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully, more foot traffic will be at the mall once Dave and Buster opens this month.

On June 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM, ecity3138 said:

This is not a good sign at all. Maybe something new will take that spot. From what I was told, the Outlet Mall is usually empty during the week and busy on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully, more foot traffic will be at the mall once Dave and Buster opens this month.

This probably has more to do with this particular store than the development itself.  I went in that store once...tiny...I wasn't very impressed.

11 hours ago, Architect said:

This probably has more to do with this particular store than the development itself.  I went in that store once...tiny...I wasn't very impressed.

I, too, went into that particular location when I visited the outlet mall, and the selection was very limited and it was a small store. 

18 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

Heard somewhere that Panda Express purchased land north of the outlet mall. Hope this is true. Panda Express still hasn't hit central Arkansas. 

Unless you count the one in Hot Springs.  Regardless, it would be nice to see one in Little Rock. 

21 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

Heard somewhere that Panda Express purchased land north of the outlet mall. Hope this is true. Panda Express still hasn't hit central Arkansas. 

Agreed!  I really like Panda Express.  LRRetail said in another post that there used to be a Panda Express in the market years ago, but admittedly before it was rebranded (sort of like the Krispy Kreme from years and years ago).

On June 5, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Architect said:

Agreed!  I really like Panda Express.  LRRetail said in another post that there used to be a Panda Express in the market years ago, but admittedly before it was rebranded (sort of like the Krispy Kreme from years and years ago).

Panda Express has been looking for sites in Little Rock for a while.  They are sort of like Ruth Chris.  They'll put their feelers out and then go away, come back, go away.  I would agree that the Panda Express that used to be in the parking lot of McCain Mall many years ago is absolutely nothing like the current iteration of the brand.  The current generation of stores coming out are very much of the same vein as other fast casual brands out there now.  

I think Gearhead was the wrong type of store for Gateway Town Center.  Gateway Town Center is supposed to be factory-direct and outlet stores, no?  Gateway was neither.  

Gearhead has stores at Park Plaza and Promenade.  That's the type of place I would expect Gearhead to be located.  

Just my $0.02

Edited by Arkanzin

3 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

I think Gearhead was the wrong type of store for Gateway.  Gateway is supposed to be factory-direct and outlet stores, no?  Gateway was neither.  

Gateway has stores at Park Plaza and Promenade.  That's the type of place I would expect Gearhead to be located.  

Just my $0.02

I buy stuff from Gearhead all the time.  The outlet mall store was nothing like their other stores.  I went there opening weekend.  Walked in for 3 minutes and walked out.  Haven't been back since.  It felt like to me they just put up whatever wasn't selling at the other two stores, none of which was in my size or what was something I'd buy.  I think it was a misstep from the start.  Doesn't keep me from buying from the Promenade store any less though.  I don't go the Park Plaza store simply because I don't go to Park Plaza anymore.  One too many experiences with the riff raff that goes there to cause trouble.  I feel badly for the security guards there.  

Hopefully they get some actual good stores soon, I know the Converse store is open, not bad, nothing in my size but some good prices. Pie Five is going right near Dave & Buster's, they are building what looks like a small strip retail line. Hopefully they will also land some more new to market restaurants. I have not see any construction or even prep work started yet on the Movie Tavern, the lot is untouched though it is not listed as available so hopefully that means this is still a go. 

-R

8 hours ago, LRretail said:

I don't go the Park Plaza store simply because I don't go to Park Plaza anymore.  One too many experiences with the riff raff that goes there to cause trouble.  I feel badly for the security guards there.  

I've lived in LR my whole life and have never experienced any issues at Park Plaza, even recently.  I'm not saying there haven't been any, but that's a risk at any retail center.  Park Plaza is one of the finest retail developments in the region, and I, for one, will continue to frequent it to help ensure that it stays that way.

3 hours ago, Architect said:

I've lived in LR my whole life and have never experienced any issues at Park Plaza, even recently.  I'm not saying there haven't been any, but that's a risk at any retail center.  Park Plaza is one of the finest retail developments in the region, and I, for one, will continue to frequent it to help ensure that it stays that way.

I've never had issues at Park Plaza either and I agree with you that it is one of the finest retail developments in the region. And to prove riff raff can be anywhere I have had my car broken into at the Promenade at Chenal.