Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

On 6/13/2017 at 10:51 AM, SangreRaVen said:

Yeah, they had to move the little bus stop and vending machine area, HM is needing a little more room so they are expanding the building out some. 

Wow!  That's amazing to me.  That seems like a lot of floorspace.  

Edited by Arkanzin

• 2 weeks later...

Construction on Movie Tavern is moving along quickly along with Creek Plaza and Tru Blue By Hilton Hotel. Also, it appears that infrastructure work is in progress at the planned Hooters and Saltgrass Steakhouse site. I'm glad to see progress being made at the Gateway development. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bowling alley (Lucky Strike?), or a live entertainment venue (hoping for something like House of Blues) opening there in the future.

I still hope that a true seafood restaurant opens there in the future as the seafood choices in Little Rock are pretty limited (besides Cajun Wharf, Red Lobster, Copeland's, and Lulu Crab Boil). We have plenty of fish houses (ex: Flying Fish, Soul Fish Cafe, Eat My Catfish, etc) but lacking a true seafood restaurants that is on par with Cajun's as an example.

Edited by ecity3138
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 3:49 PM, Smith said:

Salt Grass Steakhouse has planned a location at 10 Anglers Way which is I'm guessing part of the large area just recently cleared out directly behind Bass Pro. This would be in addition to the also announced Sherwood location.

A Landry's chain other than the self named seafood expanding into Arkansas. 

Wish they would drop Memphis a line and redevelop Mud Island into a mix of Kemah and Galveston Pleasure Pier.

I wonder when the Pappaduex/Pappacito brand makes it's way into Arkansas

35 minutes ago, TRB said:

Wish they would drop Memphis a line and redevelop Mud Island into a mix of Kemah and Galveston Pleasure Pier.

There's no more coveted restaurant to me than Pappadeaux's, but it's doubtful they'll be here anytime soon.  I do understand they are opening a restaurant in OKC, but that's in a metro double our size.

p.s.  That being said, I heard (unfounded) rumors 6-7 years ago that they were looking way out in west Little Rock - and I heard it from more than one source - but of course, nothing ever came from it.

6 minutes ago, Architect said:

There's no more coveted restaurant to me than Pappadeaux's, but it's doubtful they'll be here anytime soon.  I do understand they are opening a restaurant in OKC, but that's in a metro double our size.

p.s.  That being said, I heard (unfounded) rumors 6-7 years ago that they were looking way out in west Little Rock - and I heard it from more than one source - but of course, nothing ever came from it.

I don't know why Pappadeaux's would not locate in LR, after  all they have a location in Bedford, TX, which isn't something to write home about.

1 hour ago, skirby said:

I don't know why Pappadeaux's would not locate in LR, after  all they have a location in Bedford, TX, which isn't something to write home about.

Because Bedford is smack in the middle of DFW...it's one of ten (10) Pappadeaux locations in the metroplex.

4 hours ago, TRB said:

The food at the Dallas area Saltgrass Steakhouse locations are great and one of the better concepts from the Landry's restaurant brands. Their Texas Rattler appetizer is delicious to me. 

I would love Pappadeaux to expand into the Little Rock area specifically the Gateway Town Center. However, a representative from Pappas Restaurants of Houston recently said there are no plans to bring a Pappadeaux to Arkansas within the next 5 years. My guess is that there are not coming here due to the market too small. Most of their locations are in major metropolitan markets such as Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Birmingham, and of course Texas. 

Edited by ecity3138

A lot of people would also like to see Joe's Crab Shack in Little Rock but that's unlikely at this time due to Ignite Restaurants (parent company of Joe's Crab Shack) filing for bankruptcy.

Anybody ever tried Razzoo's Cajun Cafe based out of Dallas? I heard the food is good but never tried when I'm down in that area.

45 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

There's a Pappadeaux's in Albuquerque.  Albuquerque metro is not that much larger than Little Rock. 

I've actually been to that Pappadeaux's!  Albuquerque MSA is right at 900,000 vs. ± 750,000 in Little Rock...but Albuquerque proper is over 560,000...LOTS bigger than LR proper.

The plumbing website list "5 D Adventure" at 11201 Bass Pro Pkwy Suite BM150.  A google search turns up a place in Branson called 5 D Adventure Castle of Chaos.  It looks to be some type of interactive shooting ride that is set to a movie, using 3D glasses.  Tickets are $15.99 for 12+ and $10.99 for children.

Of course the gateway variation could be something completely different.

28 minutes ago, vbfl85 said:

The plumbing website list "5 D Adventure" at 11201 Bass Pro Pkwy Suite BM150.  A google search turns up a place in Branson called 5 D Adventure Castle of Chaos.  It looks to be some type of interactive shooting ride that is set to a movie, using 3D glasses.  Tickets are $15.99 for 12+ and $10.99 for children.

Of course the gateway variation could be something completely different.

Wow, this will be a great addition to the Gateway entertainment scene and unique to Arkansas. The website looks interesting like a haunted house adventure year round. Can't wait till this open!

• 3 weeks later...

Drove through Gateway Towne Center yesterday, man they are moving along with the lot behind Bass Pro, noticed they already had the drainage in for the parking areas that will go there. Also noticed Movie Tavern still is pretty much where it was a month or so ago. I did notice they have one of the strip mall buildings located right near MT already up and are well into completing its exterior. Behind that you can see the floors rising on what must be a new Hotel for the area. All in all the area is pretty busy with building activity... cannot wait to see how it looks a year from now. 

-R

On 7/31/2017 at 1:59 PM, SangreRaVen said:

Drove through Gateway Towne Center yesterday, man they are moving along with the lot behind Bass Pro, noticed they already had the drainage in for the parking areas that will go there. Also noticed Movie Tavern still is pretty much where it was a month or so ago. I did notice they have one of the strip mall buildings located right near MT already up and are well into completing its exterior. Behind that you can see the floors rising on what must be a new Hotel for the area. All in all the area is pretty busy with building activity... cannot wait to see how it looks a year from now. 

-R

The hotel will be a Tru by Hilton.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2017 at 11:51 AM, vbfl85 said:

I know this is not related to LR, but did anybody else notice that they are also building a Tru by Hilton in Stuttgart!

The Tru in Stuttgart was supposed to open in October 2017.  The guy behind it also recently built a new apartment complex in Stuttgart.  He also owns the McDonalds which is across the street.  

Edited by Arkanzin

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is an update on this development as of now:

Looks like construction on Movie Tavern is almost complete from the outside and inside. I drove by there recently and noticed the inside is almost done and quite nice! 

Construction is also coming along with Saltgrass Steakhouse and Hooters. I was told by a contractor that Saltgrass should be open by January and Hooters next April. Next to Hooter’s is a huge vacant lot that is rumored to be a seafood house. Not sure on that but it would still be nice to have a true seafood restaurant in that area especially by the lake for a nice  scenery.

The Tru by Hilton Hotel is almost complete next to Movie Tavern. 

Edited by ecity3138

H&M has begun its hiring process for the Outlets of Little Rock store, with a projected opening sometime within winter of 2018 (as currently posted in the store windows). Quite a few other stores around the shopping center are seeking additional staff, too. But WestPointe Home seems to be on its way out.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

6 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

Here is an update on this development as of now:

Looks like construction on Movie Tavern is almost complete from the outside and inside. I drove by there recently and noticed the inside is almost done and quite nice! 

Construction is also coming along with Saltgrass Steakhouse and Hooters. I was told by a contractor that Saltgrass should be open by January and Hooters next April. Next to Hooter’s is a huge vacant lot that is rumored to be a seafood house. Not sure on that but it would still be nice to have a true seafood restaurant in that area especially by the lake for a nice  scenery.

The Tru by Hilton Hotel is almost complete next to Movie Tavern. 

I wonder if the seafood house might be a Joe's Crabshack?

39 minutes ago, Architect said:

I wonder if the seafood house might be a Joe's Crabshack?

I would love for that to be true but unfortunately that won’t happen at least for now. The company that owned Joe’s (Ignite)  file for bankruptcy this past summer and has closed numerous locations across the country. Thankfully, the remaining Joe’s Crab Shack has been sold back to its original owners, Landry’s . I doubt if Landry’s would expand Joe’s Crab Shack anytime soon.

With that being said, it still would be nice to have a nice seafood restaurant in that area as it would be perfect by the lake in that area.

Edited by ecity3138
  • Like 1