LIT uPP

Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

Recommended Posts

Yeah, they had to move the little bus stop and vending machine area, HM is needing a little more room so they are expanding the building out some. 

 

-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Salt Grass Steakhouse has planned a location at 10 Anglers Way which is I'm guessing part of the large area just recently cleared out directly behind Bass Pro. This would be in addition to the also announced Sherwood location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 10:51 AM, SangreRaVen said:

Yeah, they had to move the little bus stop and vending machine area, HM is needing a little more room so they are expanding the building out some. 

Wow!  That's amazing to me.  That seems like a lot of floorspace.  

Edited by Arkanzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Construction on Movie Tavern is moving along quickly along with Creek Plaza and Tru Blue By Hilton Hotel. Also, it appears that infrastructure work is in progress at the planned Hooters and Saltgrass Steakhouse site. I'm glad to see progress being made at the Gateway development. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bowling alley (Lucky Strike?), or a live entertainment venue (hoping for something like House of Blues) opening there in the future.

I still hope that a true seafood restaurant opens there in the future as the seafood choices in Little Rock are pretty limited (besides Cajun Wharf, Red Lobster, Copeland's, and Lulu Crab Boil). We have plenty of fish houses (ex: Flying Fish, Soul Fish Cafe, Eat My Catfish, etc) but lacking a true seafood restaurants that is on par with Cajun's as an example.

Edited by ecity3138
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 3:49 PM, Smith said:

Salt Grass Steakhouse has planned a location at 10 Anglers Way which is I'm guessing part of the large area just recently cleared out directly behind Bass Pro. This would be in addition to the also announced Sherwood location.

A Landry's chain other than the self named seafood expanding into Arkansas. 

Wish they would drop Memphis a line and redevelop Mud Island into a mix of Kemah and Galveston Pleasure Pier.

I wonder when the Pappaduex/Pappacito brand makes it's way into Arkansas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TRB said:

A Landry's chain other than the self named seafood expanding into Arkansas. 

Wish they would drop Memphis a line and redevelop Mud Island into a mix of Kemah and Galveston Pleasure Pier.

I wonder when the Pappaduex/Pappacito brand makes it's way into Arkansas

There's no more coveted restaurant to me than Pappadeaux's, but it's doubtful they'll be here anytime soon.  I do understand they are opening a restaurant in OKC, but that's in a metro double our size.

p.s.  That being said, I heard (unfounded) rumors 6-7 years ago that they were looking way out in west Little Rock - and I heard it from more than one source - but of course, nothing ever came from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Architect said:

There's no more coveted restaurant to me than Pappadeaux's, but it's doubtful they'll be here anytime soon.  I do understand they are opening a restaurant in OKC, but that's in a metro double our size.

p.s.  That being said, I heard (unfounded) rumors 6-7 years ago that they were looking way out in west Little Rock - and I heard it from more than one source - but of course, nothing ever came from it.

I don't know why Pappadeaux's would not locate in LR, after  all they have a location in Bedford, TX, which isn't something to write home about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skirby said:

I don't know why Pappadeaux's would not locate in LR, after  all they have a location in Bedford, TX, which isn't something to write home about.

Because Bedford is smack in the middle of DFW...it's one of ten (10) Pappadeaux locations in the metroplex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TRB said:

A Landry's chain other than the self named seafood expanding into Arkansas. 

Wish they would drop Memphis a line and redevelop Mud Island into a mix of Kemah and Galveston Pleasure Pier.

I wonder when the Pappaduex/Pappacito brand makes it's way into Arkansas

The food at the Dallas area Saltgrass Steakhouse locations are great and one of the better concepts from the Landry's restaurant brands. Their Texas Rattler appetizer is delicious to me. 

I would love Pappadeaux to expand into the Little Rock area specifically the Gateway Town Center. However, a representative from Pappas Restaurants of Houston recently said there are no plans to bring a Pappadeaux to Arkansas within the next 5 years. My guess is that there are not coming here due to the market too small. Most of their locations are in major metropolitan markets such as Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Birmingham, and of course Texas. 

Edited by ecity3138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people would also like to see Joe's Crab Shack in Little Rock but that's unlikely at this time due to Ignite Restaurants (parent company of Joe's Crab Shack) filing for bankruptcy.

Anybody ever tried Razzoo's Cajun Cafe based out of Dallas? I heard the food is good but never tried when I'm down in that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

There's a Pappadeaux's in Albuquerque.  Albuquerque metro is not that much larger than Little Rock. 

I've actually been to that Pappadeaux's!  Albuquerque MSA is right at 900,000 vs. ± 750,000 in Little Rock...but Albuquerque proper is over 560,000...LOTS bigger than LR proper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plumbing website list "5 D Adventure" at 11201 Bass Pro Pkwy Suite BM150.  A google search turns up a place in Branson called 5 D Adventure Castle of Chaos.  It looks to be some type of interactive shooting ride that is set to a movie, using 3D glasses.  Tickets are $15.99 for 12+ and $10.99 for children.

Of course the gateway variation could be something completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vbfl85 said:

The plumbing website list "5 D Adventure" at 11201 Bass Pro Pkwy Suite BM150.  A google search turns up a place in Branson called 5 D Adventure Castle of Chaos.  It looks to be some type of interactive shooting ride that is set to a movie, using 3D glasses.  Tickets are $15.99 for 12+ and $10.99 for children.

Of course the gateway variation could be something completely different.

Wow, this will be a great addition to the Gateway entertainment scene and unique to Arkansas. The website looks interesting like a haunted house adventure year round. Can't wait till this open!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove through Gateway Towne Center yesterday, man they are moving along with the lot behind Bass Pro, noticed they already had the drainage in for the parking areas that will go there. Also noticed Movie Tavern still is pretty much where it was a month or so ago. I did notice they have one of the strip mall buildings located right near MT already up and are well into completing its exterior. Behind that you can see the floors rising on what must be a new Hotel for the area. All in all the area is pretty busy with building activity... cannot wait to see how it looks a year from now. 

 

-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2017 at 1:59 PM, SangreRaVen said:

Drove through Gateway Towne Center yesterday, man they are moving along with the lot behind Bass Pro, noticed they already had the drainage in for the parking areas that will go there. Also noticed Movie Tavern still is pretty much where it was a month or so ago. I did notice they have one of the strip mall buildings located right near MT already up and are well into completing its exterior. Behind that you can see the floors rising on what must be a new Hotel for the area. All in all the area is pretty busy with building activity... cannot wait to see how it looks a year from now. 

 

-R

The hotel will be a Tru by Hilton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2017 at 10:58 PM, theman said:

The hotel will be a Tru by Hilton.

I know this is not related to LR, but did anybody else notice that they are also building a Tru by Hilton in Stuttgart!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 11:51 AM, vbfl85 said:

I know this is not related to LR, but did anybody else notice that they are also building a Tru by Hilton in Stuttgart!

The Tru in Stuttgart was supposed to open in October 2017.  The guy behind it also recently built a new apartment complex in Stuttgart.  He also owns the McDonalds which is across the street.  

Edited by Arkanzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the 5-D Adventure thing mentioned above is in the actual Outlet Mall itself down by GNC, it is not very big. It has not opened yet but looks like it is getting close, my guess would be its a VR Related venue. 

-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Harley Davidson dealership is moving to Gateway Town Center, right behind Dave and Busters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.