Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

32 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

I'm holding out for a Pappadeaux!  

That would definitely be nice, however, a representative from Pappas Restaurants corporate office in Houston recently stated  there’s no plans to open a Pappadeaux restaurant in Arkansas within 5 years. I hope she’s wrong because they have some deauxlicious food!

• Like 1

I won't hold my breath then, but I'll still hold out!

So, if not Pappadeaux, how about:

Legal Sea Food - primarily East Coast and mid-Atlantic.  Deliciousness abounds.  I would so love a Legal Sea Food in Little Rock but the likelihood of that is slim to none. 

Bahama Breeze - Decent stuff.  Scattered around the country.  Nearest one is in Memphis.   Owned by the Darden Group, Little Rock already has an Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, and Cheddar's.  Bahama Breeze and Eddie V's Prime Seafood are the seafood restaurants owned by Darden.   I'd love to see one of Darden's Yard House or Capital Grille restaurants here.   As Saltgrass  Steakhouse is being built next door, I'd look to Landry's.

Landry's - Landry's has quite a few seafood restaurants in its fold.  It owns  Bubba Gump's,  Chart House,  Claim Jumper, and Joe's Crab Shack.   It obtained Joe's Crab Shack in June 2017 when its prior owner filed for bankruptcy.  Landry's also owns Saltgrass Steakhouse which is currently under construction.  I can see any of the Landry restaurants opening next door.  Please God, NOT a Bubba Gump's!    

1 hour ago, Arkanzin said:

I won't hold my breath then, but I'll still hold out!

So, if not Pappadeaux, how about:

Legal Sea Food - primarily East Coast and mid-Atlantic.  Deliciousness abounds.  I would so love a Legal Sea Food in Little Rock but the likelihood of that is slim to none. 

Bahama Breeze - Decent stuff.  Scattered around the country.  Nearest one is in Memphis.   Owned by the Darden Group, Little Rock already has an Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, and Cheddar's.  Bahama Breeze and Eddie V's Prime Seafood are the seafood restaurants owned by Darden.   I'd love to see one of Darden's Yard House or Capital Grille restaurants here.   As Saltgrass  Steakhouse is being built next door, I'd look to Landry's.

Landry's - Landry's has quite a few seafood restaurants in its fold.  It owns  Bubba Gump's,  Chart House,  Claim Jumper, and Joe's Crab Shack.   It obtained Joe's Crab Shack in June 2017 when its prior owner filed for bankruptcy.  Landry's also owns Saltgrass Steakhouse which is currently under construction.  I can see any of the Landry restaurants opening next door.  Please God, NOT a Bubba Gump's!    

I’ve notice Pappadeaux open most of their new locations around Texas (most recently at DFW airport) and rarely open locations outside of Texas. Birmingham is the last location that open outside of Texas. 

I would love to see a Legal Seafood Restaurant here but I don’t see that happening anytime soon with most of their locations on the East Coast. I love the one in Boston. The food was very good in my opinion.

Most Bubba Gumps are located in heavy tourist  areas such as New Orleans, New York City, Orlando,  and Los Angeles for example. I’m pretty sure that won’t happen here in a long time. 

I don’t see Joe’s Crab Shack coming anytime soon as Landry’s  significantly downsized Joe’s locations around the country . The one in Memphis remains open as of now. With that being said, It wouldn’t surprise me if they open some of their other concepts (ex: Claim Jumper, Cadillac Bar, or Landry’s Seafood) in the area sometime in the future.

Edited by ecity3138

4 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

I’ve notice Pappadeaux open most of their new locations around Texas (most recently at DFW airport) and rarely open locations outside of Texas. Birmingham is the last location that open outside of Texas. 

I would love to see a Legal Seafood Restaurant here but I don’t see that happening anytime soon with most of their locations on the East Coast. I love the one in Boston. The food was very good in my opinion.

Most Bubba Gumps are located in heavy tourist  areas such as New Orleans, New York City, Orlando,  and Los Angeles for example. I’m pretty sure that won’t happen here in a long time. 

I don’t see Joe’s Crab Shack coming anytime soon as Landry’s  significantly downsized Joe’s locations around the country . The one in Memphis remains open as of now. With that being said, It wouldn’t surprise me if they open some of their other concepts (ex: Claim Jumper, Cadillac Bar, or Landry’s Seafood) in the area sometime in the future.

Apparently a new Pappadeaux's is opening in Oklahoma City.  Albuquerque seems to be the market closest to ours in size with a Pappadeaux's.  I'll tell you one thing, I'd be a measurably less wealthy person should one open in Little Rock!

If I had to guess I would say look for a Verizon / TMO store.. a nail salon.. a hair salon ect... most every new retail strip ends up with some combination of those.. cell phone store (and they already have ATT and Sprint there).. and they actually already have nail and salons but that never stopped them from having two or three next to each other in the same retail strip.. just look at WLR.

-R

5 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

If I had to guess I would say look for a Verizon / TMO store.. a nail salon.. a hair salon ect... most every new retail strip ends up with some combination of those.. cell phone store (and they already have ATT and Sprint there).. and they actually already have nail and salons but that never stopped them from having two or three next to each other in the same retail strip.. just look at WLR.

-R

You’re probably right. I will most likely be the same old junk stores (ex: Mattress , Cell Phone Stores, or a nail saloon) like other strip centers around town. I hope the Strip center will include this fast casual restaurant:

*Salata

www.salata.com

On 12/14/2017 at 4:04 PM, Architect said:

Apparently a new Pappadeaux's is opening in Oklahoma City.  Albuquerque seems to be the market closest to ours in size with a Pappadeaux's.  I'll tell you one thing, I'd be a measurably less wealthy person should one open in Little Rock!

I think that project is on hold for right now. Maybe their real estate developer would change their mind if more people request a Pappadeaux location in Little Rock. Until then, it would be awhile before they consider Little Rock as a potential location.

Edited by ecity3138

On 12/19/2017 at 11:27 AM, ecity3138 said:

You’re probably right. I will most likely be the same old junk stores (ex: Mattress , Cell Phone Stores, or a nail saloon) like other strip centers around town. I hope the Strip center will include this fast casual restaurant:

*Salata

www.salata.com

Or a Grabbagreen.  Similar concept.  

Grabbagreen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The outlet itself seems to be losing steam. A lot more stores are closing than stores are opening. They need to draw in name brands that are unique to the market, like a Coach or Sperry outlet.  Also, a Tropical Smoothie is being opened in the strip in front of Movie Tavern.

2 hours ago, Aleck said:

The outlet itself seems to be losing steam. A lot more stores are closing than stores are opening. They need to draw in name brands that are unique to the market, like a Coach or Sperry outlet.  Also, a Tropical Smoothie is being opened in the strip in front of Movie Tavern.

Examples?  I've not heard of any store closings.

I’m not sure on specific stores. But out of the 71 storefronts, 12 of them are vacant. Some of the vacant spaces are fairly large too. Adding in brands like Sperry, Adidas, Eddie Bauer, or Charlotte Russe would be beneficial to the center. Also, have any plans been announced for some of the cleared land around the movie tavern and dave and busters?

I’m not sure on specific stores. But out of the 71 storefronts, 12 of them are vacant. Some of the vacant spaces are fairly large too. Adding in brands like Sperry, Adidas, Eddie Bauer, or Charlotte Russe would be beneficial to the center. Also, have any plans been announced for some of the cleared land around the movie tavern and dave and busters?

I think most of those unoccupied spaces were never filled in the first place, so that doesn’t represent closed stores.

Honestly, I don’t get why people criticize the store mix/options at Outlet of Little Rock. It’s pretty impressive to me and seems to be on par with about every other outlet mall I’ve been to. That being said, I have no idea if the traffic/sales of the mall has performed to expectations or other peer developments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like construction is coming along for Harley Davidson store behind Dave and Buster’s. With that being said, are there any plans to fill the unoccupied land next to Movie Tavern and Dave and Buster’s? The developers has been relatively quiet on the Gateway Town Center project lately which is a concern. I’m still hoping for something like TopGolf and Joe’s Crab Shack to open in the area for additional dining and entertainment offerings.

13 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

I’m still hoping for something like TopGolf

LR's new mayor is already pushing for Topgolf.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/dec/10/top-golf-little-rock-citys-next-mayor-board/

AND for the record...I contacted Topgolf in Fall 2015 when the Outlets were opening and requested them to look into a location around Gateway Town Center specifically at the old CalArk site. Sooo I will need at least some of the credit if they come :)

13 hours ago, Smith said:

LR's new mayor is already pushing for Topgolf.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/dec/10/top-golf-little-rock-citys-next-mayor-board/

AND for the record...I contacted Topgolf in Fall 2015 when the Outlets were opening and requested them to look into a location around Gateway Town Center specifically at the old CalArk site. Sooo I will need at least some of the credit if they come :)

I would agree with you that Topgolf would be great at the former CalArk site considering the size of the land. As SangreRa Ven stated, this would truly make the area a top entertainment destination for the State of Arkansas that the developers originally intended for. Lets hope it would become a reality.

I originally said the CalArk site because none of the other land was cleared behind the Outlets so I wasn't sure how much space there was. But it still is a great site. It has interstate frontage and easy in/out access. It's been a bit but what I remember from the automated reply email was basically that my email would be forwarded to the proper team but they don't take public input for site location. I even know a couple of guys that were talking about fronting money for a franchise but all stores are corporate owned so that plan died really quick. If you read there expansion plan from a year or two ago, it is very aggressive. If I recall correctly, they wanted 50 locations by 2020.

• 4 weeks later...