Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

Gateway Town Center have a website that shows rendering of the proposed outlet center, Bass Pro Shops, and the master plan of the site. I like the design of the outlet center, though I feel it should be bigger like making it a million square feet of retail space. I also hope they make this property a shopping destination by adding stores/restaurants that are new to Arkansas instead of existing ones relocating there from older shopping center like Shackleford Crossing.

http://gatewaytowncenter.net/index.html

Gateway Town Center have a website that shows rendering of the proposed outlet center, Bass Pro Shops, and the master plan of the site. I like the design of the outlet center, though I feel it should be bigger like making it a million square feet of retail space. I also hope they make this property a shopping destination by adding stores/restaurants that are new to Arkansas instead of existing ones relocating there from older shopping center like Shackleford Crossing.

Interesting.  I didn't realize it was supposed to be an actual "outlet" mall...we'll see how successful that might be (it won't have been the first attempt...two have been built previously).

Hopefully this outlet mall will be like this one in Oklahoma City.

http://www.horizongroup.com/our-centers/oklahomacity/directory/default.aspx

Wow, that does look quite nice.  Is it new?  The store layout almost implies it is an enclosed mall (maybe a converted property?).

Maybe a couple of years old. It was so successful that an expansion has already been added to the original mall. From what I understand it was built from the ground up.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bass Pro Shops officially opens on November 13th.  They are bringing in quite a good mix of outdoorsy celebs.  Should be a fun time.  Also the store is donating some money from purchases to conservation efforts.

http://www.inarkansas.com/article/family/95495/bass-pro-shops-little-rock-announces-star-lineup-for-grand-opening

Any update on the outlet center that is supposed to built near the Bass Pro Shop site?

No definite info but found some interesting websites.  Looks like about 65 stores and will be called The Outlets at Little Rock.

http://www.nedevelopment.com/portfolio/littlerock/LittleRock2013.pdf

http://www.fforealty.com/wp-content/uploads/LittleRock-Letter-Size-3-2013.pdf

http://gatewaytowncenter.net/masterplan.html

• 2 months later...

There is a Little Rock Planning Commission meeting tomorrow (Jan 9) that will take place to allow the outlet mall to be built or not. I'm sure it will pass with no problems. When approved, construction is to begin early spring and be completed by summer 2015.

There is a Little Rock Planning Commission meeting tomorrow (Jan 9) that will take place to allow the outlet mall to be built or not. I'm sure it will pass with no problems. When approved, construction is to begin early spring and be completed by summer 2015.

That's good. I wonder when will they announce the tenants to the outlet mall? Hopefully, it's something that's new to the Arkansas and not the same stores you find elsewhere.

I'm guessing either by mid or near completion. Also, I looked at the Outlets of Mississippi website and I think our outlet mall may be closer to that. It just opened last Thanksgiving. I'm hoping for something a little better. We'll just have to wait and see.

A notable part of that lineup that would be VERY welcome here in Little Rock, in my opinion, is Saks Off 5th. Wouldn't say no to a Cole Haan shop, either.

I'm not sure about Off 5th Saks Outlet but I hope that will be part of the 80 stores that are suppose to go in the outlet. This probably won't happen, but I hope a Nordstrom Rack and Ralph Lauren outlet would be there. I wonder what restaurants would locate there?

Also, I looked at the Outlets of Mississippi website and I think our outlet mall may be closer to that. It just opened last Thanksgiving. I'm hoping for something a little better. We'll just have to wait and see.

Outlets of Mississippi was developed by a different company.  

West Palm Beach Outlets and Asheville Outlets are being developed by New England Development, the company developing the Little Rock site.  West Palm Beach opens next month.  

While I doubt Little Rock will have the same outlets as West Palm Beach, that development may provide some insight into what stores may be headed this way. Asheville is supposed to open Fall 2014.  Little Rock will open Spring 2015.  

New England Development hasn't ventured into the outlet mall arena before, so West Palm Beach will be interesting.  All of the other New England Development properties are traditional retail shopping centers with a decent list of tenants including, Cheesecake Factory, Whole Foods, Dick's Sporting Goods, Morton's Steakhouse, Nordstrom's Rack, Bloomingdale's, Cole Haan, and Capital Grille. 

This probably won't happen, but I hope a Nordstrom Rack and Ralph Lauren outlet would be there. I wonder what restaurants would locate there?

I'll second that on the Nordstrom Rack, and I'd take that over the Off 5th.  As for restaurants, maybe this might be a good place for a Red Robin? And maybe even another Chipotle for Little Rock, before one pops up in Saline County.

While I do like to frequent the occasional (high quality) outlet mall, I would actually hate to see this one have outlets that compete with existing retail outlets already in Little Rock (Gap, Banana Republic, etc.). This market couldn't support the damage that would do to their existing locations.

I'll second that on the Nordstrom Rack, and I'd take that over the Off 5th. As for restaurants, maybe this might be a good place for a Red Robin? And maybe even another Chipotle for Little Rock, before one pops up in Saline County.

I even hoping for some dining options that are new to the Arkansas market. This would be a great site for a Joe's Crab Shack to locate in this development due to great visibility from I-30 as well as high volume of traffic during the daytime.

Edited by ecity3138

While I do like to frequent the occasional (high quality) outlet mall, I would actually hate to see this one have outlets that compete with existing retail outlets already in Little Rock (Gap, Banana Republic, etc.). This market couldn't support the damage that would do to their existing locations.

I hope there wouldn't be an outlet to those stores as this market isn't large enough to support both. I'm hoping for stores like Nordstrom Rack or Off 5th Saks Fifth Avenue, Ralph Lauren Outlet, and other high end brand to open shops at this outlet mall. Little Rock could need some more high-end brand name stores that is not current in Arkansas.

Edited by ecity3138

Drove out to The Gateway Town Center today and decided to take the frontage road from Baseline to Otter Creek. They have cleared almost all of the trees east of where the outlets are to be placed. The land area looks HUGE!!! This project, I believe, is going to be bigger than originally expected. The land area looks to be big enough to hold The Promenade, Shackleford, Park Plaza and maybe half of McCain. This is including Love's, FSB and Bass Pro area of course. Mr. Tommy Hodges has a vision for this area. This will be like nothing we've seen here in Arkansas. It will most likely become our premier destination and help Little Rock move forward in becoming a destination city.

• 2 weeks later...