Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

Dave and Busters is going to be at 10900 Bass Pro Pkwy, according to today's plumbing permits. 

Excellent!  I would imagine the bigger-named restaurants and entertainment areas will be on the parcels surrounding the outlet center (The Grove, perhaps?) and not in the outlet center itself.  The outlet center will have the Auntie Anne's and places you usually see in a mall food-court. 

Edited by Arkanzin

Excellent!  I would imagine the bigger-named restaurants and entertainment areas will be on the parcels surrounding the outlet center (The Grove, perhaps?) and not in the outlet center itself.  The outlet center will have the Auntie Anne's and places you usually see in a mall food-court. 

The Grove is being billed as a hotel and entertainment district so I would think there would be some  bigger names there.

I'm very happy to see  Dave and Buster's finally coming to Little Rock. Johnny Rockets will open up a location within the Outlet mall. I hope there will be some other big name restaurants and retail landing in the Gateway Towne Center (ex: Joe's Crab Shack, Pappadeaux, etc).

Something interesting. Yesterday, I talked to a manager at the Nike Factory Store at the Promenade. She verified they will have a new store at the Outlets and still have the Promenade location. Has our market grown to handle all of this that's coming? I do know we are behind on having things other metros this size already had. 

I have a friend in the construction industry and she told me it was a part of the original plans since it fell through at S.C. I hope she was not pulling my leg, but she seemed very confident. 

So it is part of the original plan to locate one at the Gateway Towne Center since the deal fell through at Shackleford Crossing?

I can confirm that Joe's Crab Shack is a done deal.  Dave & Buster's applied for a building permit so that's a done deal.  Cheesecake Factory has secured their land.  All three are scheduled to be at Gateway Town Center for certain.

I really hope this is true and not just a rumor. Where did you get this info regarding Joe's Crab Shack and Cheesecake Factory?

Edited by ecity3138

Many participants on this board are overjoyed with the news that D&Bs, all the outlet stores, And possibly Joe's Crab Shack and Cheesecake Factory are coming to the Bass Pro/Gateway center. Has anybody given any thought to how this might impact the River Market?

Edited by LRU1967
spelling errors

IMO the River Market will be fine. It's another destination people have the option to go to. Also, it's the biggest nightlife area in Little Rock. The Gateway Town Center is really more of retail scene vs an entertainment scene.  It actually may help the River Market with more tourists that want to explore Little Rock.  

• Like 1

The River Market will be fine. It has the bars and live music that no where else in the city has. There might be a little less people on weekend afternoons but it really doesn't get going until later at night when most of the outlet mall would be closed. The ones who should be scared is Shackleford Crossing and the Promenade. Midtown should be ok because most of the Heights/Hillcrest people would never think to venture into SWLR (that's only slightly sarcastic). 

Many participants on this board are overjoyed with the news that D&Bs, all the outlet stores, And possibly Joe's Crab Shack and Cheesecake Factory are coming to the Bass Pro/Gateway center. Has anybody given any thought to how this might impact the River Market?

I don't see any affect on the River Market District. There are plenty of developments such as new restaurants ( Soul Fish Cafe) and boutique shops along with entertainment to still lure people downtown area.

If this is true then this news will be better than the actual outlet mall itself!

I'm surprised Cheesecake Factory is looking at this development.

The River Market and Downtown LR in general is its own animal. I highly doubt that Gateway will have a strong affect on it. I've seen the Joes Crab Shack deal myself.  I believe they are getting plans together. I'm hearing they are very close. The Cheesecake Factory land acquisition is available to some.  I believe from what I saw that the land deal is done. I don't have any info on plans or what the time table is for opening. 

This development is going to eventually have a  huge impaCT on LR. No more going to Texas or Branson for outlet malls. Also no more going to Memphis for Joe's Crab Shack (I have FB friends that go every other weekend). Less money leaving the state and more money back into the local economy, not to mention tourist money as well. Can't wait for all of this to come to fruition!