Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

The River Market and Downtown LR in general is its own animal. I highly doubt that Gateway will have a strong affect on it. I've seen the Joes Crab Shack deal myself.  I believe they are getting plans together. I'm hearing they are very close. The Cheesecake Factory land acquisition is available to some.  I believe from what I saw that the land deal is done. I don't have any info on plans or what the time table is for opening. 

Nice!! I hope Joe's Crab Shack and Cheesecake Factory becomes reality!!! I love both of them and would be nice to see them here so people will not have to travel out of state just to dine at one of these places.

Wow!  If that happens...

So far the stores listed there (with the exceptions I think of Forever 21, H&M, and Tommy Hilfiger) have all been announced.

I 've noticed Off 5th Saks and Nike (shown on the original map)  is missing on this one. It would be nice to see this listed of stores comes to reality especially H&M, and Michael Kors.

Edited by ecity3138
  • Like 1

I 've noticed Off 5th Saks and Nike (shown on the original map)  is missing on this one. It would be nice to see this listed of stores comes to reality especially H&M, and Michael Kors.

I'm wondering at this late stage if Saks Off Fifth would be a trade-off for H&M, or vice-versa.  Anyone know the average Saks Off Fifth store size? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to the Arkansas Business website, Chick Fil- A restaurant will open a location near David's Burger and provided little information on the Grove Development being billed as a place for restaurants, hotels, and entertainment district. It also stated that construction has begun for a Dave and Buster's restaurant near the Outlet Mall.

I spoke with one of the security guards at the new Outlet Mall and she stated that Joe's Crab Shack will open behind the Outlet Mall and that there's hope that Cheesecake Factory may come as well. I hope she's right because that would be great news!!

Edited by ecity3138
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The first part of The Grove will be called Grove Plaza. It's a 10,000sqft strip directly north from Cavenders. From the Colliers listing, it looks like they are planning a Starbucks. That's me just assuming from the sketch of a brown and green coffee shop.

http://www.colliers.com/en-us/arkansas/properties/p-usa1009873/grove-plaza

• 1 month later...

Last Friday, THV provided an update on the construction progress at Gateway Town Center. The developer stated there will be be four hotels, half of dozen of restaurants, and some nightlife places at the Grove section. He also mentioned that there will be 24 hour lightning surrounding the development within 6-8 months. Also, Dave and Buster is anticipated to be open by next summer.

Edited by ecity3138

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Overheard someone talking to the manager at the University Ave. LA Fitness and was told that they will be building a location in this area. All he knew for sure was that it was "near the Bass Pro Shop." He also said they were considering a Conway location, but that wasn't final yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of the DemGaz, Little Rock will be the first location in Arkansas for Movie Tavern, an 11-screen cinema where full service dining is available, alongside reclining seats and other amenities.  The theater will be located at the Gateway Town Center, directly behind the outlet mall.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/jan/27/cinema-theater-dining-coming-little-rock/

17 hours ago, Architect said:

Courtesy of the DemGaz, Little Rock will be the first location in Arkansas for Movie Tavern, an 11-screen cinema where full service dining is available, alongside reclining seats and other amenities.  The theater will be located at the Gateway Town Center, directly behind the outlet mall.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/jan/27/cinema-theater-dining-coming-little-rock/

This will be a nice addition to the area along with Dave and Buster's. I remember talking to the developer about a  movie theater unique to Little Rock featuring a full service  restaurant and movie combo. In addition  to Movie Tavern, there will be a Taziki's Mediterrean  restaurant and a nail shop nearby. I wonder if Joe's Crab Shack is still interesting at Gateway Town Center? I hope so!! Also, I wonder if Bass Pro Shop will ever add a restaurant onsite like the rest of their locations? 

Edited by ecity3138

1 hour ago, ndark said:

I was at the outlet yesterday. Saw signs up for Lucky and New Balance that weren't there the last time I was there. 

Meh, don't they have enough shoe stores at the mall. There's already a Famous Footwear,  Corky's Footwear, Nike. They need stores that really make the mall  stand out.

I know we keep hearing Joe's come up here and there but I honestly don't know if they will even make a move or not. It would be nice to see more new to market places open out there.. if we can keep out the likes of "Chili's, Outback, Apple's ect which we already have and go more with places totally new to either Arkansas in general or totally new to Central AR then it will make the place that much more attractive. Gateway has the potential to a really major retail complex once its completed if done right. 

-R

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

The outlet mall really needs to draw in stores that are wanted. Things like polo, converse, and the Disney store would be 

The current lineup of stores are nothing special.  They need H&M, Polo, Ralph Lauren, and at least  two full service restaurants  on the out parcels.