Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

14 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

the candy store at the outlet mall has closed as well. Honestly, if one major store like h&m or polo open up in one of the large unleased spots, then the other smaller spots will probably be filled. Also, the whole area behind the outlet mall should soon be developed which would help the outlet mall as a whole. i really hope that area in the back will not be empty land like it is now.

Hate to hear that as I am familiar with the owners.  

1 hour ago, SangreRaVen said:

sadly the Outlet Mall has always had a bunch of empty spots and really has never been ran right, seeing more empty spots is a bad thing for sure. They need to figure out a correct direction for this center and push it so it can take off as it should.

-R

I strongly agree with you. This mall should be a shipping destination with stores such as Ralph Lauren, The Polo Outlet, H&M, and other top brand stores. One thing that I hope the developers outside  the Outlet Mall would be a seafood restaurant like Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen right by the lake. That's one of my favorite seafood places to visit when I'm in Dallas and I sure everyone in Little Rock as well as surrounding area would agree.

• Like 1

One thing I am a little concerned about, I drove through there yesterday along the back part. I noticed the signs up with visuals showing another new small shopping center currently leasing. From the drawing / image of the building, it looks like at least 2 floors and a decent size. Also I know they have started moving dirt around for Movie Tavern and then they have plenty of room for other things to be built. If they cannot even keep the current spots leased out in the Outlet Mall let along all the empty spots towards the back of the mall itself full up. How do they expect to even fill the rest of these space in a new shopping center or strip mall ect. Further, just look at The Grove... yeah.. sounded impressive and ended up being a joke.. you have Pie Five and Taziki's (which both are good) but then yet another nail salon and a Sprint store... wow... with a name like The Grove you would have hoped for more.

-R

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Littlerock499 said:

The Outlets of LR website has H&M listed on the directory. Not sure if it's open yet or not

It's saying its location is by Dress Barn in the back. Definitely would fit there. Weird that it doesn't even say "coming soon" on the site like some of the other ones do.

24 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

N101 is the space listed on the Outlets of LR website.  It is the empty space that I think was originally proposed for an H&M Outlet.  

It will be interesting to see if they open a retail store and an outlet store at the same time. 

H&M was originally supposed to go to in the space Restoration Hardware currently occupied but back off at the last minute. It will be interesting to see H&M opening both stores at the same time. The Park Plaza location will be a lot bigger than the prosposed location at the Outlets given that the Park Plaza Mall location will be two stories.

Edited by ecity3138

1 hour ago, ecity3138 said:

H&M was originally supposed to go to in the space Restoration Hardware currently occupied but back off at the last minute. It will be interesting to see H&M opening both stores at the same time. The Park Plaza location will be a lot bigger than the prosposed location at the Outlets given that the Park Plaza Mall location will be two stories.

I think they could still build it up to two stories, if they want. That would make it large enough to match their typical stores, I think.

6 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

N101 is the space listed on the Outlets of LR website.  It is the empty space that I think was originally proposed for an H&M Outlet.  

It will be interesting to see if they open a retail store and an outlet store at the same time. 

N101 was proposed as a Forever 21 space, if memory serves.  Not sure why it still couldn't be developed as such.

23 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

That's right!  I forgot H&M was supposed to go where RH is.  I still think N101 would be a great place for and H&M Outlet.

8 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

Looks like N101 is the only spot where H&M can go now, albeit with significant expansion as that allocated space is currently 14,960 sf.  I think that means a nearby bus shelter and some vending machines will move, but that's a relatively minor adjustment.

Or it could be 2 floors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There was a recent article on Arkansas Business and on Thv 11 on the progress at Gateway Town Center. Construction on the Movie tavern site along with the Tru By Hilton hotel should begin soon. There will also be a strip center that will contain additional shops and a fast casual restaurant called Con Queso, which is based out of Fayetteville. In addition, there are plans to have restaurants between the Outlet Mall and Bass Pro Shop. My guess would be the undeveloped land behind the Bass Pro Shop site of the planned restaurants.

Edited by ecity3138

I know if you drive behind the Outlet Mall there is a lot of open area back there. Some of it is now fenced in with working being done to prep the lots, others have signs up advising of new strip malls coming soon ect. Hopefully they can get some good places down that way.

-R