Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

• 3 weeks later...

I was out there last weekend and one of the sales associates of one of the stores I was in talked about Bass and Wilson Leather closing. You hate to hear about store closings but Forever 21 is opening up there. It’s not my type of store but it will be a driver for the outlet mall like H&M.

On 3/31/2019 at 9:58 AM, Arkanzin said:

I thought Wilson's Leather went out of business 20 years ago.  Then I keep seeing it at outlet malls.   They always had an abundance of signs liquidators like to use, so maybe that's why I thought they'd been running the world's longest going out of business sale.

I hardly ever see anybody shop in this store at the time I visit the Outlet Mall. I wish mall management would bring  Lego Store, Disney Store, or some sort of non-traditional stores not seen in the metro to the Outlet Mall. This would bring more foot traffic to the mall.

• 3 months later...

Just saw an updated site plan of the development which  shows an upscale apartment  in the works of being built next to the Tru by Hilton hotel. Personally, I disagree with this decision due to the fact that no one would like to pay upscale prices in a commercial zone area. We got enough upscale apartments (ex: Bowman Pointe, Fountains Bleau, Park Avenue Lofts) around the city.

On 7/28/2019 at 12:50 PM, ecity3138 said:

Just saw an updated site plan of the development which  shows an upscale apartment  in the works of being built next to the Tru by Hilton hotel. Personally, I disagree with this decision due to the fact that no one would like to pay upscale prices in a commercial zone area. We got enough upscale apartments (ex: Bowman Pointe, Fountains Bleau, Park Avenue Lofts) around the city.

I wouldn't put money in a residential project in that area, but some folks don't mind living in a parking lot.  The Park Avenue Lofts are an example.  

I think there is a real shortage of quality, upmarket apartments in LR.  You can get a 2 bedroom at any of the complexes you cite for under $1500/mo.  That price is modest, but it gets you a cheaply constructed, cheaply fitted apartment surrounded by asphalt.  A quality project in a walkable location would merit a premium.  Aside from a few efforts downtown, nothing like that exists in the market.  

Edited by Dingoal

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 8:49 PM, Dingoal said:

I think there is a real shortage of quality, upmarket apartments in LR.  You can get a 2 bedroom at any of the complexes you cite for under $1500/mo.  That price is modest, but it gets you a cheaply constructed, cheaply fitted apartment surrounded by asphalt.  A quality project in a walkable location would merit a premium.  Aside from a few efforts downtown, nothing like that exists in the market.  

This seems to be a problem everywhere in the state and it's one of the primary reasons that I won't be moving back anytime soon. While it might not be a priority to everyone my age, if cities want to attract young talent, they are going to need to develop these walkable areas. Until that happens, a lot of people like me are going to continue to live in larger cities where a car-free lifestyle is possible. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They should try to get Top Golf to go in on the other side of the movie theater.  I remember the Mayor saying he would try to get Top Golf to come to Little Rock, but was mentioning it for around the I-40/430 interchange.  I do not think that would be a good location.  There's not much there, and Wild River Country is facing foreclosure.  The Outlet Mall/Movie Theater/Bass Pro/Dave & Busters/Restaurants could all benefit from having another big draw to the development.  

On 1/30/2020 at 1:09 PM, MDC26 said:

They should try to get Top Golf to go in on the other side of the movie theater.  I remember the Mayor saying he would try to get Top Golf to come to Little Rock, but was mentioning it for around the I-40/430 interchange.  I do not think that would be a good location.  There's not much there, and Wild River Country is facing foreclosure.  The Outlet Mall/Movie Theater/Bass Pro/Dave & Busters/Restaurants could all benefit from having another big draw to the development.  

I think the mayor was trying to get TopGolf to locate in the Outlet Mall area.  The I-40/430 interchange is in NLR.  I don't know why the LR mayor would want something like that to locate in NLR.  

On 1/31/2020 at 2:09 PM, Arkanzin said:

I think the mayor was trying to get TopGolf to locate in the Outlet Mall area.  The I-40/430 interchange is in NLR.  I don't know why the LR mayor would want something like that to locate in NLR.  

My bad, it was the Maumelle mayor wanting Top Golf around the I-40/430 Interchange.  

I hope they can get one to come to town.  Gateway Towne Center would be the ideal location.  

• 1 month later...

Noticed when I was out at the Outlet Mall this week that Asics looks to be closing, they were having a clearance sale and the store looked mostly empty and it looked like a lot of the furniture and shelving in the store was already gone.  Also, this might be old news but the signage for the store originally going in next to H&M has been taken down so apparently that is not happening. I did notice signs up for Bath and Body Works coming in April where the old Toys R Us I think and then Arkansas Sports store used to be. Also a little further down signs are up for Pepper Palace coming soon. 

-R

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...