Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

Plans have been submitted to the planning commission and as previously stated the project will be 850,000 SF with a 200,000 SF Dillard's as anchor and an unnamed 50,000 SF junior anchor as well as other junior anchors. The traffic study has been completed as well.

This project looks like it is being fast-tracked.

I hope it actually gets built.

Plans have been submitted to the planning commission and as previously stated the project will be 850,000 SF with a 200,000 SF Dillard's as anchor and an unnamed 50,000 SF junior anchor as well as other junior anchors. The traffic study has been completed as well.

This project looks like it is being fast-tracked.

Hank Kelly stated this evening at the 2006 Developers Conference at the chamber that while Dillard's has been associated with the project, it is not set in stone...they are merely studying the idea. It is not official.

While I think the market could support three locations for Dillard's, and that the geographic gap between Otter Creek and Park Plaza is a great thing for the viability of the Park Plaza location, the particular demographic of that area seems not as ideal for a Dillard's as an I-40/I-430/Maumelle location might be, but who knows!?

Hank Kelly stated this evening at the 2006 Developers Conference at the chamber that while Dillard's has been associated with the project, it is not set in stone...they are merely studying the idea. It is not official.

While I think the market could support three locations for Dillard's, and that the geographic gap between Otter Creek and Park Plaza is a great thing for the viability of the Park Plaza location, the particular demographic of that area seems not as ideal for a Dillard's as an I-40/I-430/Maumelle location might be, but who knows!?

Honestly, over the next decade I see that whole Stagecoach/Col Glenn area filling and being essentially like the rest of West LR. Shackleford Crossing will help with that some as well. A lot of negative connotations are carried on for Saline County but that's changing some, Bryant is a nice community a lot like the smaller NWA communities. I think the main issue is interstate access and that's as easy to get to from West and Southwest LR and from Saline Co as you could make it. The only other site I can think of with interstate access to that degree would be Crystal Hill and locating so close to McCain wouldn't make much sense. I do think it will siphon away some West LR shoppers from Park Plaza if it's nice enough, it's just as easy to get to. I do think Pulaski Co can easily support a 3rd Dillard's

If they build this they really need to widen that last mile or so of I-430's south end that is still 4 lanes instead of 6. It's already kind of a bottleneck during afternoon traffic.

I think having a store closer to the Benton/Bryant area would entice Dillard's into entering the development. There are over 27,000 people in Benton alone and a lot of those people are upper middle class. Also with Otter Creek and the new housing development that is going to be built Gateway Towne Center will have a lot of people to draw from. An as Apork said, some people from WLR will probably shop there as well.

I think having a store closer to the Benton/Bryant area would entice Dillard's into entering the development. There are over 27,000 people in Benton alone and a lot of those people are upper middle class. Also with Otter Creek and the new housing development that is going to be built Gateway Towne Center will have a lot of people to draw from. An as Apork said, some people from WLR will probably shop there as well.

Exactly. Saline County is getting close to having 100,000 residents. Also, there are close to 1,000 houses going up off of Crystal Valley. There are also new subdivisions going in on the other side of 430 off of Stagecoach. Not to mention, all of the new houses being built along highway 5 in Little Rock, and all the way down into Bryant. The area is sure to keep growing, and putting a shopping center in the area is a great idea. Living in WLR, I would shop there, as well as Shackleford Crossing.

• 1 month later...

A lot of people keep wanting a Macy's in Little Rock & NWA. My question is....Why??? There is absolutely nothing special about a Macy's. It's just the name that people like. I was in the one in Memphis yesterday...and it is so plain. Same brands as dillard's, belk, and every other similar retailer.

A lot of people keep wanting a Macy's in Little Rock & NWA. My question is....Why??? There is absolutely nothing special about a Macy's. It's just the name that people like. I was in the one in Memphis yesterday...and it is so plain. Same brands as dillard's, belk, and every other similar retailer.

People get tired of shopping at the same places. I agree, Macy's is no nicer than Dillard's, it's not a step up like Saks or Nordstrom's. Nonetheless it would offer an alternative to LR shoppers tired of shopping at Dillard's. Until Parisian opened they really had a monopoly in the market, at least since MM Cohn went downhill.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I really hope that it has been cancelled. I don't think the market can bear yet another lifestyle center in addition to the Promenade, Shackleford (which is struggling), Park Avenue, and North Hills.

The signs are still up.

Shackleford is struggling because of poor planning. All of that small shop, lifestyle-center type space doesn't jive well with Wal-Mart and Penney's as anchors. Clary should've scaled it back and went with more big boxes when he replaced Belk's with Wal-Mart.

I think the site that Flake and Kelly have on Col Glenn is probably more likely to be developed sooner than the Otter Creek site.

That said, if Dillard's is really backing a specific site it could work. I just don't know why they would go so far Southwest. 850,000 SF seems way too ambitious.

Everybody may be waiting to see what happens with Promenade and Park Ave, especially the latter as we're less sure about what it will end up being.

In November, 2007, the developer(s) went before the LR Planning Commission and received approval to replat the site. Instead of the large lifestyle center configuration with a power center behind it, the developers have created 19 commercially zoned lots, varying in size from 1.5 acres to 22.1 acres. Initial site preparation is to begin in October or November of this year, but the ultimate commercial development will be market-driven.

The revised site plan looks very little like the original. A driveway now runs down the center of the area that was to be the lifestyle center. It

In November, 2007, the developer(s) went before the LR Planning Commission and received approval to replat the site. Instead of the large lifestyle center configuration with a power center behind it, the developers have created 19 commercially zoned lots, varying in size from 1.5 acres to 22.1 acres. Initial site preparation is to begin in October or November of this year, but the ultimate commercial development will be market-driven.

The revised site plan looks very little like the original. A driveway now runs down the center of the area that was to be the lifestyle center. It

Its good to see this and the Brodie Creek development take a different direction. It seems like after Summit Mall fell through, everybody decided they want to try to get a piece of the pie and there have been way more proposed lifestyle centers than the market can support. I think after the Promenade, Shackleford, and Park Ave, any new centers need to be geared toward office/hotel/restaurant development or be entertainment oriented.

I wonder if everyone already knows Promenade at Chenal and Park Ave have the best tenants wrapped up. If they do, what's the point? Flake knows this which is why Brodie Creek is scaling down and RED was supposed to develop Fountain Creek and they sure know what's coming and what's not.

I am also wondering if North Hills should not be built, at least as an "upscale lifestlye center" everybody seems to be going for. While I think the LR market is long overdue for Bass Pro, I can't see what else it would bring to the market aside from sealing the coffin on McCain Mall and hurting existing commercial business along the McCain corridor.

I wonder if everyone already knows Promenade at Chenal and Park Ave have the best tenants wrapped up. If they do, what's the point? Flake knows this which is why Brodie Creek is scaling down and RED was supposed to develop Fountain Creek and they sure know what's coming and what's not.

No kidding. Those who are REALLY in the know have about 100 times the information as all of us "hacks" on UrbanPlanet!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Looks like GTC is making news again. Bass Pro Shop is going in there and work is expected to start later this summer with an expected opening of Christmas 2013.

"The building of a Bass Pro Shops store in Southwest Little Rock will bring at least 250 jobs to town.

The store will be located at the intersection of Interstates 30 and 430 (see drawing below of what it will look like).

Known as America's most popular outdoor store, the Bass Pro Shops will be part of the new 169-acre Gateway Town Center development which will also include an outlet mall."

I'm wondering what we can expect in the "outlet mall".

http://arkansasmatte...t?nxd_id=550412

Edited by ndark

Looks like GTC is making news again. Bass Pro Shop is going in there and work is expected to start later this summer with an expected opening of Christmas 2013.

"The building of a Bass Pro Shops store in Southwest Little Rock will bring at least 250 jobs to town.

The store will be located at the intersection of Interstates 30 and 430 (see drawing below of what it will look like).

Known as America's most popular outdoor store, the Bass Pro Shops will be part of the new 169-acre Gateway Town Center development which will also include an outlet mall."

I'm wondering what we can expect in the "outlet mall".

http://arkansasmatte...t?nxd_id=550412

This announcement came out of nowhere. Maybe the outlet mall will be like the recently opened Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...