Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

Are there any updates to the development regarding tenants at the outlet mall and other tenants in addition to the outlet mall beside Cavendar Boot store (which I'm not impressed with)?

I have heard that J Crew will have a store, but that it won't affect the one in the Promenade (for now).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The masterplan shows The Grove to be a loop with 8 parcels on the outside of the loop and 5 parcels within the loop.

Again, no information about what might locate there. 

http://www.gatewaytowncenter.net/masterplan.html

This article is quite vague but does show that work on The Grove will be starting soon.  The funniest part is that 500 trees will be planted where they just cut them down.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/102249/gateways-grove-project-adds-to-2015-commercial-construction

• 5 weeks later...

As developers of outlet shopping centers often expect to draw customers from a broad region, some competition for Gateway looms on the horizon south of Memphis. Details via The Clarion-Ledger.

Interesting.  Tanger is certainly THE known name/developer in outlet malls.  Memphis is such a large shopping market that I don't expect that to have much of an impact on the LR outlet mall either way...but who knows.  I'm more worried about the competition it creates in our OWN market with the mainline retailers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now there's one for Express.

Ch. 11 posted the first 6 stores last night. Nothing too exciting yet.

- China Max

- Dress Barn

- Express

- Gymboree

- Kay Jewelers

- The Children's Place

The Grove area is coming along. The ground work is moving forward and the roadway has been laid out.  It will come pretty close to the new exit. I was worried with that new ramp being so tall you wouldn't see much from 430 but the Grove buildings shouldn't really have an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like they have moved the Grand Opening from Summer to Fall for the Outlets at Little Rock. The date to open is set for Oct 16, 2015.  I wonder what may have happend to push the date back. Maybe a fall through or slow process of closing tenants? Hmm. Here's the article below.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/103619/outlets-at-little-rock-to-open-oct-16

Ch. 11 posted the first 6 stores last night. Nothing too exciting yet.

- China Max

- Dress Barn

- Express

- Gymboree

- Kay Jewelers

- The Children's Place

The Grove area is coming along. The ground work is moving forward and the roadway has been laid out.  It will come pretty close to the new exit. I was worried with that new ramp being so tall you wouldn't see much from 430 but the Grove buildings shouldn't really have an issue.

Carter's and Osh Kosh b'Gosh have now applied for permits. Its sure feeling like the expected Outlet Mall names.

By the way, where did you get this info about Ann Taylor closing? I haven't read anything about it...I wonder if they're closing lots of stores?

My wife got an email from Ann Taylor. Saturday she wanted to visit one last time so we did. The person working there said the lease was up and AT decided that it was not in the right location but she didn't say anything else. The store next to it is also vacant.

There was an interesting article in today's DemGaz about the new outlet mall, and it actually addressed the issue of stores competing in the same market with their flagship, mainline retail stores.  I don't know if the responses were just window-dressing, but several people quoted stated that they wouldn't be locating the outlet stores here if they didn't think the market could support both, and that if anything, net sales from multiple stores would actually be higher overall, and that they catered to different clientele.

I'm not buying it, but trust me, I hope I'm wrong.

p.s.  The issue about Ann Taylor...I can't imagine them saying Park Plaza isn't the right location unless they were responding to either the outlet store opening OR they do plan to open at Promendate or another location.  There's an Ann Taylor in Springfield, and TWO in Tulsa (but surprisingly NONE in NWA).

And to think...the guys who started Dave and Busters created the idea here in Little Rock.  David Corriveau and Buster Corely.  Corriveau owned Cash McCools and then Slick Willy's.  Corely worked at TGIFriday's and then opened Busters. Remember Slick Willy's in the train station?  Yep, that the was impetus for Dave and Busters. 

Sadly, Corriveau died on February 9 of this year.  http://nrn.com/latest-headlines/dave-buster-s-cofounder-david-corriveau-dies

Edited by Arkanzin