Gateway Towne Center: I-30 & I-430

Interesting.  Tanger is certainly THE known name/developer in outlet malls.  Memphis is such a large shopping market that I don't expect that to have much of an impact on the LR outlet mall either way...but who knows.  I'm more worried about the competition it creates in our OWN market with the mainline retailers.

Ground was broken yesterday on this outlet mall and stores already named include Loft, Guess Factory Outlet, Chicos, White House Black Market, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Columbia, Under Armour and American Eagle.

This line up is way better than what has been announced so far for Gateway. They better announce better stores soon or this place may be a flop.

Ground was broken yesterday on this outlet mall and stores already named include Loft, Guess Factory Outlet, Chicos, White House Black Market, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Columbia, Under Armour and American Eagle.

This line up is way better than what has been announced so far for Gateway. They better announce better stores soon or this place may be a flop.

The area would right for the Memphis area's first Cabela's as well but Bass Pro will open up the Pyramid in May. Edited by TRB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is an outlet in Asheville opening next week by the same development company and is the same estimated size and number of stores.  They have 53 of 75 spots filled.  A lot of them didn't announce until around a month and a half from opening day.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2015/04/15/four-stores-confirmed-asheville-outlets/25812861/

List of stores at the Asheville Outlet.

Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle Outfitters, Ann Taylor Factory Store, ASICS, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, Banana Republic Factory Store, Beef Jerky Outlet, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Carter's Babies & Kids, The Children's Place, China Max, Christopher & Banks, Coach Outlet, Cole Hann, Davis Home, Dollar Tree, Dillard's Clearance Center, dressbarn, Express Factory Outlet, Famous Footwear Outlet, Field & Stream, Fragrance Outlet, Forever 21, Gap Factory Store, G.H. Bass & Co., GNC, Go Games & Go Toys, hanesbrands, J. Crew Factory, Johnston & Murphy Factory Store, Justice, Kay Jewelers Outlet, Kitchen Collection, Levi's Outlet Store, Maurice's, New York & Company Outlet, Nike Factory Store, OshKosh b'gosh, Pandora Jewelry, Perfumes 4 U, Rack Room Shoes, Sunglass Hut, Talbots Outlet, Tommy Hilfiger, Under Armour, Vera Bradley Outlet, VF Outlet, Wilsons Leather Outlet and Zales Outlet.

The Dillard's Clearance Center is the one in that list that stands out.  Not for a good reason, though.  Did Dillards jump in with a clearance center to keep out places like Off Fifth or Nordstrom's Rack?  Those stores are missing from that list. 

The Asheville development is a conversion of a traditional mall — the former Biltmore Square Mall, which had a regular Dillard's and Belk as anchors.  Belk closed last year.

The Asheville development is a conversion of a traditional mall — the former Biltmore Square Mall, which had a regular Dillard's and Belk as anchors.  Belk closed last year.

Oh, okay.  Well that makes sense then.  It just scares me whenever a mall or shopping center is announced for Little Rock.  Dillard's seems to jump in to keep out competitors and then back out at the last minute.  See: Otter Creek Mall (Dillards was announced if I remember correctly), the Summit Mall (Dillards was "in") and the Promenade (Dillards was to build a store there too.) 

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/53759/dillards-to-anchor-405000-sf-retail-center-in-west-little-rock

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Add J Crew and Torrid. They were announced mid May. Surprised i hadn't heard about the J Crew until now.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/two-more-stores-revealed-for-outlets-of-little-roc/12856/jojkMU0BHkyPyDeKKcZakQ

Five more stores have been added to the Outlets of Little Rock according to KARK. G.H. Bass & Co., Sunglass Warehouse, Chico's, Wilson Leather Goods and Brooks Brothers. Edited by theman

You can add The Loft to the list of stores.  I know, I know, you've all been waiting for that store to open!  

Still disappointing that their mainline Ann Taylor store was closed at Park Plaza...not a confidence builder for this market, and likely a response to this additional store siphoning off a limited base of customers.