Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xyhamiltonboi

Why are some Eckerd signs Red

12 posts in this topic

Maybe i'm not the only one wanting to know this, but why are some of the signs red and some blue.

The only eckerd signs I see are blue. I dont hink i've seen a red one. which eckered sign is red?

The only eckerd signs I see are blue. I dont hink i've seen a red one. which eckered sign is red?

Forest Drive at Trenolhm and North Main Street are the only red ones i've seen so far. They were previously blue.

Forest Drive at Trenolhm and North Main Street are the only red ones i've seen so far. They were previously blue.

I guess they're either introducing a new logo or they've joined the Communist Party. :rolleyes:

I think it has something to do with them being owned by CVS. My wife used to work for Eckerd years ago. I think they were bought out long ago. They want to keep the Eckerd brand name I guess but blend them together somehow.

I found the answer. Thanks to someone emailing me. Eckerd was split when it was sold. CVS got some and Brooks Pharmacy got others. All the Eckerds bought by CVS were changed to CVS. The Brooks Pharmacy Eckerds remained. Brooks Pharmacy to show customers that Eckerd was a part of the popular northern pharmacy has made many of the signs red to match Brooks Pharmacy colors. This will all change though when Rite Aid rebrands all remaining Eckerds.

Kinda stupid, we don't know what Brooks Pharmacy is. I just thought it stupid when i saw red signs.

Wouldn't those Eckerd stores just change over to CVS stores and replace Eckerd sigs with CVS signs? In the last round of Eckerd buyouts by CVS, all those Eckerd stores have since changed to CVS. As a matter of fact, older Eckerd stores are being closed and new ones built at nearby major intersections. CVS seems to be putting a LOT of money into converting Eckerd stores over to CVS stores.

you in the blood neighborhood when its red and the crips when its blue...lol. im kiddin.