University Club Tower

mcheiss

I thought I would make a thread devoted to this project, since it's a big deal.

The project is suppose to have 83 Condos, with the building on 10.39 acres on the north side of Zion Road and Lowe's, east of College Avenue and South of Clear Creek.

I heard the news though that it wasn't approved. The council said it had to do with not enough roads leading to and from the condos. I was dissapointed to hear about the dismissal, but it makes since for emergency purposes as well as street planning. I believe the group has two weeks to either revise the design or find a different site.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would make a thread devoted to this project, since it's a big deal.

The project is suppose to have 83 Condos, with the building on 10.39 acres on the north side of Zion Road and Lowe's, east of College Avenue and South of Clear Creek.

I heard the news though that it wasn't approved. The council said it had to do with not enough roads leading to and from the condos. I was dissapointed to hear about the dismissal, but it makes since for emergency purposes as well as street planning. I believe the group has two weeks to either revise the design or find a different site.

I wonder how well prepared the group is for doing the project. I remember watching some of the precedings on tv and Lowe's was definitely concerned about the roads.

Yeah I haven't as much info on this development compared to other developments.

Here's a link to the developers website but it doesn't look like it's been kept very up to date.

http://www.craftull.com/index.php

Here's also a link to the submission to the City Council. No renderings but there is a few maps near the bottom.

http://www.accessfayetteville.org/pdfs/dow...1&revision=

I haven't.

We probably won't see one until a few months before construction.

If you want to sell condos, it's wise to get sketches and floorplans out there early. Preconstruction sales make or break a condo and you really want as many units as possible sold before the dirt is ever turned. At the height of the condo boom in Florida a lot of buildings were completely sold when construction started.

If you want to sell condos, it's wise to get sketches and floorplans out there early. Preconstruction sales make or break a condo and you really want as many units as possible sold before the dirt is ever turned. At the height of the condo boom in Florida a lot of buildings were completely sold when construction started.

I was just guessing, I don't know when they'll release. :P

Hopefully something soon, this project sounds interesting.

I am watching the PC meeting from Monday night, but I just missed the beginning of this project. The developer is talking about it now. The renderings are just off to the side of the camera, so I really can't make anything out. Hopefully someone can catch it when it replays again and at least give a description.

I am watching the PC meeting from Monday night, but I just missed the beginning of this project. The developer is talking about it now. The renderings are just off to the side of the camera, so I really can't make anything out. Hopefully someone can catch it when it replays again and at least give a description.

Crap I keep missing that on tv. Although I've also been a little busy trying to get some thing ready for my trip.

I wonder if it's going to be another all modern glass building.

I've wondered what it will look like also. Overall the developers seem to go with more modern looking designs. Not really ultra modern but they don't seem to do a lot of more traditional looking stuff either.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, the University Club Tower will also be coming back through the PC on Monday. It was tabled last month because of access concerns. They have redone the access by adding an access road to College avenue. Hopefully this will work and get the 13 story building through the planning process without more problems.

Here is some more info on the project: University Club Condos

Also, the University Club Tower will also be coming back through the PC on Monday. It was tabled last month because of access concerns. They have redone the access by adding an access road to College avenue. Hopefully this will work and get the 13 story building through the planning process without more problems.

Here is some more info on the project: University Club Condos

Cross your fingers.

Also, I'm going to move this to the University Club Condos thread, if you don't mind.

I'm glad it was approved, but I'm not sure how long it will be until it goes up. The papers mentioned that construction wouldn't start until the street improvements were made. I'm guessing that they are going to put another entrance/exit on College. Who knows how long that will take.

I'm glad it was approved, but I'm not sure how long it will be until it goes up. The papers mentioned that construction wouldn't start until the street improvements were made. I'm guessing that they are going to put another entrance/exit on College. Who knows how long that will take.

Agreed. This sounds like a great project in a great place, but the infrastructure changes they'll be making will probably mean that construction is a long way off.

I should also point out it was the Planning Commission that approved this, the City Council hasn't yet. So there is still that matter to take care of also. Sounds like they made them agree to some concessions. The tower can't be of reflective glass. The city will maintain and control the street connector. Also it sounds like a future trail will be going near there and they have to address that as well. Hopefully some renderings will also be out for this. I'd think they'd have something available before they go to the City Council.

• 1 month later...

Archived