Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DurhamDivaInRaleigh

BIG NEWS!

12 posts in this topic

PAN-PAN DINER IS COMING BACK! YAY! :yahoo:

Originally published in:

The Herald-Sun

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Edition: Final

Page: F1

Back in action: After falling under the bulldozer's blade as part of the I-85 construction, the Pan Pan Diner will resurface in Northgate as Pan Pan Seafood and longtime owner Aubrey Foster will be back at the helm.

I've heard good things when Pan-Pan was around, but I never got to make it there before it was bulldozed. I'll be trying it out now :thumbsup:

I have missed Pan Pan. Best real southern cooking in the triangle. But where is Northgate mall?

That IS good news. However, is there any chance we can retitle this thread? I thought it was a thread about Britney's new baby. Oh, we just can't get enough about that.

HA HA HA! Actually, I'm more concerned about the food; has anyone noticed that when a restaurant moves/repoens, the food is never quite the same? I really hope that's not the case for Pan-Pan...I'll be crushed. I also noticed they're calling it "Pan-Pan Seafood", but Aubrey Foster says in the article that "the food will be the same".

Also, it will NOT be a buffet this time around--he says it's too much work.

Can not wait to get some good chitterlings.

Will it be all you can eat just like the old one?

From what I understand, it will actually be in the mall--the same way Ruby Tuesday is set up.

It's taking over a restaurant called "Old Bay Seafood". I had never seen or heard of that restaurant before (I didn't realize how long it had been since I had been to Northgate!).