Official Freedom Tower Thread

Wendell FOX

i always liked this one

WTC1202DesignPetersonLittenburg.jpg

I really like the idea of rebuilding them exactly the way they were. That would be the ultimate F U to those beotchs. Just as long as its not called the trump twin towers.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TrumpWTC.jpg

I hate it. The Twin Towers were a horrible design when they were first built. Why should we reinflict the city with the same poor design just to say F.U. to some terrorists? What the terrorists may or may not think of whatever is built at the site should not come into the equation of redesigning it, their opinions do not matter.

TrumpWTC002.jpg

Mr. Trump's plan was dismissed by the governmental agencies involved and raised the ire of some people who lost loved ones on Sept. 11. "If he has such grand ideas and imaginative thoughts," said Thomas Rog

I have a mixed opinion about this. While on some level I would like to see the buildings restored, I recognize that it probably shouldn't be done. And I agree, where was he when they were doing proposals? If he isn't going to pay for it, then why make the effort? If this is just a ploy to get people to watch his TV show, then it is a sad one.

That said, I have lost interest in what they will do with this site. They are building a crappy "worlds tallest" that doesn't really deserve that title. (Though it and the set of towers does look kinda cool)

What's worse, is that these island nations in the Pacific are building bigger, better and taller towers than this WTC (and we have yet to start construction!). They have been bickering over it for 3 years, and have yet to build anything back. I think that at this point they should have something underway.

If they change the plans, or if they ever start building something, I may regain some interest.

If they were to rebuild with Trup's plan, the should do it in the opposite corners from where the original towers stood, so that the remaining area could be a memorial.

I wasnt a huge fan of the Freedom Tower but i would rather see that than two replica towers. New York needs some really innovative architecture and not just another version of Yamasakis original design. The Donald needs to stay out of the way of the design aspect of things. I can understand though why he would want to put two large "boxes" on the site, thats all the guy ever builds.

lets take a clue from star wars. ;) the first death star... (which color resembles the twin towers) was destroyed... and the second death star was basically the same.. just bigger. Now donald wants to build basically the same.. just 1 floor bigger. hmmm the second death star was also destroyed..lets take a hint

Now I'm just playin, i doubt that'd happen, but i just saw SWIII and the relation came to mind.

I fully support building Mr. Trump

Freedom Tower is a monument to Fear. The proposed building is only 70 stories, with a ghost building of lattice above. That's disgusting. Look at the pics- the actual occupiable building is the same hieght as the others next to it. Symbolically, it says we are afraid to stand tall, stand out, risk our necks. And the ghost tower above? A tombstone. Might as well put 3,000 metal angels in it, turning in the wind. The Freedom Tower proposal was concieved too close to the event, when emotions were high. Did all the brave people of NYC die in 9/11? Stand proud, stand tall. Rebuild the Twin Towers.

can someone post the rendering of the buildings that they were gonna built there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the proposed WTC. The "Freedom Tower" is the tallest one with the spire. The bulding ielf is not that much taller than any of the others, or any other building in Downtown Manhattan.

cityNYCNY24newWTC.jpg

Here is a rendering of what it would look like with the city:

cityNYCNY29wtcnewleibskind.jpg

I agree but i think that the desing should be different and so does the mayor of NYC as in this link the new tower is nice but the fact almost half of it is stupid windmill turbines is what i dont like about it i think more floors should be added but i think the height should stay at 1776 because of the symbolism. But as far as rebuilding them like before that is better than this design as the way it is now. And the design will look like this not what spartan has

wtcfreedomtower3.jpg

wtcfreedomtower2.jpg

wtcfreedomtower.jpg

I dont mind the design but I think the addition of more floors to the freedom tower would make it more appealing. Its sort of a cheap way of getting the title of worlds tallest building when half of it is exposed for turbines.

I like the symbolism of the 1776 feet for the Freedom Tower. But, as others have said, it will not in any way be the world's tallest building. Under construction right now is the Burj Dubai. Final height is being kept secret, but Emporis lists the structural height at 2,313 feet tall, or nearly half a mile, with 160 floors:

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=182168

My fathers side of the family helped build those towers! My family name was on the beam they all sign at the topping out ceremony. It may sound selfish, but I would like my family name restored and I would like the lives of the 3000 to be engraved on the lobby walls of both towers. It is a great F U to Osama and his crew. :thumbsup:

I dont mind the design but I think the addition of more floors to the freedom tower would make it more appealing.  Its sort of a cheap way of getting the title of worlds tallest building when half of it is exposed for turbines.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree. The design is fine, but more floors needed to be added. Other than that, it's just a hollow structure.

My fathers side of the family helped build those towers! My family name was on the beam they all sign at the topping out ceremony. It may sound selfish, but I would like my family name restored and I would like the lives of the 3000 to be engraved on the lobby walls of both towers. It is a great F U to Osama and his crew. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The victims names will be in the memorial on the site. I dont think they are going to include the names of those who worked on the original buildings, unless of course they do something about the history of the WTC on the site. I dont know if it would be appropriate to put the names of those who worked on the twin towers side by side by those to lost their lives there. But thats just my opinion. The beam was out of view within the building anyway, you can continue to tell people about your families contribution to history but i dont think a special section should be reserved for them.

I don't think this is a great idea. I don't know about anyone else, but when I see any picture of the old Twin Towers it is simply soul-chilling. This would be too much of a painful reminder. The big pointy Freedom Tower is a better idea & design in my opinion.

Why does anything need to be built there? At least at the moment? 7 WTC has tons of office space for lease, and there has been no demand from anyone to lease in the Freedom Tower. The Freedom Tower looked like crap. The new Trump towers look like crap. There are plenty of attractive, economically viable buildings going up all over the city, so why are we so concerned about forcing some horrid design to be built to sit empty. Tribute can be paid to those who lost their lives, withouth building crap.

Why does anything need to be built there?  At least at the moment?  7 WTC has tons of office space for lease, and there has been no demand from anyone to lease in the Freedom Tower.  The Freedom Tower looked like crap.  The new Trump towers look like crap.  There are plenty of attractive, economically viable buildings going up all over the city, so why are we so concerned about forcing some horrid design to be built to sit empty.  Tribute can be paid to those who lost their lives, withouth building crap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its downtown Manhattan. Once the buildings are completed the spaces will fill up. The land is too valuable not to put more office space there.

Why? Silverstein has collected in the Billions in insurance.....why use this money to build a building that is going to sit vacant? Land has no value other than it is space a revenue generator can be placed, if the building isn't going to make a return for Silverstein, then his land isn't worth much is it?

Also, I said to wait, not never build. It just seems like everyone is rushing to throw up something.....why not build a memorial and worry about a building that makes sense.....this isn't dubai.

The buildings will make a return for him. Its a long term investment. Once they are up and with all the other structures on the site those buildings will fill up because its such a unique space. Im telling you that those buildings will not sit vacant in downtown Manhattan for long. Do you think Trump would be interested in developing there if the site would be vacant?

Do you think Trump would be interested in developing there if the site would be vacant?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I heard about this comment elsewhere and I looked it up. From Donald Trump's interview with Larry King:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0505/17/lkl.01.html

D. TRUMP: [snip]...What I would like to see -- you know the way I look at it? If they build that, the terrorists win. If they build a World Trade Center but stronger and one story taller -- now then you have a problem. Because whether it's Freedom Tower or the World Trade Center, a lot of people say that it's going to be very tough to rent anything in that building.

KING: Might be.

D. TRUMP: I wish Larry Silverstein a lot of luck. It is easy for me to say: Build a World Trade Center. But the fact is a lot of people are saying it's going to be very, very tough. Larry just built a building right next to the site on one of the other buildings that came down. So far there's no tenants.

KING: Why do you say, then, build a big one?

D. TRUMP: Well, it doesn't have to be me that owns it.

Archived