Master List: Major Northwest Arkansas Construction

mcheiss

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Myers Ranch and do you know any updates on how construction is going?

Myer's Ranch is located off Dodson road in Rogers. This is basically the Rogers portion of J Street. Take Dodson past Walton and it's about 1/4 of a mile down the road on the left. Ground construction should be starting soon.

I don't think the ground-breaking will have anything to do with those towers getting built very fast, though. I think their stance is that the smaller stuff is first.

That's the plan. I think they're going to wait until the market isn't as saturated for the condos and office space.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is that what it is? I thought it was going to be located on the other side of the street. I can't wait to see that area once it's all finished. Does anyone know any information about the overpass connecting 52nd street and 45th street or whatever it is? I don't really understand what they're going to do.

• 1 year later...

So are there any new projects being talked about? What about ones that could possibly be built??? Any taller buildings?

The only projects that are being talked about or in the works right now are public buildings like schools, the Veterans Hospital addition and the new county parking deck in Fayetteville. There are a few smaller commercial projects around the area and some multi-family residential projects happening but nothing major. There are some larger projects like St Charles Place condos in Fayetteville and the 10 story hotel in Rogers that haven't been cancelled but don't seem likely to be built in the near future. Single family residential only seems to be busy in certain niches and areas.

Local governments are continuing to build infrastructure projects and are taking advantage of the lack of commercial building in getting very low construction bids for the work. I guess in that way the slow down has been a positive for the area.

• 3 years later...

It looks like the only big projects going forward are the infrastructure improvements like highway and interchange construction and improvements at XNA. There are several large education buildings going up especially on the UA campus. Fayetteville has several large off-campus housing projects being built. The only other large private construction on the horizon would be the new Walton Arts Center in Bentonville but that is still a few years off.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived