Master List: Major Northwest Arkansas Construction

mcheiss

After work today I drove past the Promenade and I got out to take a look, and I am very impressed with what I saw. I couldn't walk down the middle of road between shops, but I like what I saw. There was music playing over the sound system, benches, trees, etc. I thought the sidewalks looked kinda small for a mall and I didn't see the "lawn" area that everyone has been talking about. I saw the lawn in the renderings, but I saw no sign of it anywhere.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Central United Methodist Church will be putting in a 4 story parking garage as well as another 2 story building. From what I understand it will be located near the corner of Lafayette and Highland. Here is some renderings of the project.

Central United Projects

The project may also be available for use by the public. Here is more info from the Times:Times article

It looks like Central United Methodist Church will be putting in a 4 story parking garage as well as another 2 story building. From what I understand it will be located near the corner of Lafayette and Highland. Here is some renderings of the project.

Central United Projects

The project may also be available for use by the public. Here is more info from the Times:Times article

This could be interesting. Sounds like a great opportunity to me. The peak times the church would want to use it would leave it open for general parking for people on Dickson. Add a charge and that would help them pay for building it.

I will say that this is the first time I've ever seen a church with their own parking garage. I like the urban concept. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Make Fayetteville the urban center of NWA, All! Rogers can be the suburban center, and Bentonville the small town of America with a major art museum. All will win because they will have a unique place. I dunno about S-Dale, though--they are still trying to find their way.

Agreed. Make Fayetteville the urban center of NWA, All! Rogers can be the suburban center, and Bentonville the small town of America with a major art museum. All will win because they will have a unique place. I dunno about S-Dale, though--they are still trying to find their way.

Rogers Suburban center is limited to the SW side. The rest of the city is right on track with Springdale. The tenement centers of NWA

Anyone is open to post in this section, as long as the info pertains to major projects in NWA, or discussions about them. Here's some updates:

Pinnacle Promenade. Rogers

The most ancipated project of the year, the Promenade officially opened up this past Wednesday. The Mall is 980,000 square feet with tenants such as Borders, Dillards, Malco Theatres, Sharper Image, PF Changs, Hollister, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor Loft, Jos. A Banks, JC Penny, Haagen-Dazs, and many more. So far, 70 stores are open, with another 14 to open by Thanksgiving. In all there will be more than 100 stores, including the Outparcels at the Promenade, which will include a Best Buy and numerous other "Big Box Retailers".

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Best Buy. Rogers

I have found out that this will be included at the Promenade in the outparcels. There will be two places for the outparcels, one on the west side of 45th Street and on the East, Northern side of the Promenade. This store will be 30,000 square feet and should be finished by the end of the year.

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Sam's Club. Bentonville

The Sam's Club has officially opened up in Bentonville. The 175,000 square foot store is the second Sam's Club in NWA, and the first in the nation to include new signage. The store is also said to be one of the nicest Sam's Clubs in the U.S.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Superior Building. Bentonville

The Superior Building is well under construction and should be finished within the next year. The only confirmed tenant is the Superior Group.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Embassy Suites Expansion. Rogers

The 150 suite expansion of the Embassy Suites in Rogers is well under construction. The floor count is now at 5 floors, with one more to go.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Mercy Hospital. Rogers

The hospital has topped out a 7 Floors and construction is progessing on the windows and interior. This hospital should be completed by the end of the year with well over 200 beds and a possible trauma center.

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

I encourage everyone to post here, I want this to be the "IT" thread of the forum.

Anyone is open to post in this section, as long as the info pertains to major projects in NWA, or discussions about them. Here's some updates:

Pinnacle Promenade. Rogers

The most ancipated project of the year, the Promenade officially opened up this past Wednesday. The Mall is 980,000 square feet with tenants such as Borders, Dillards, Malco Theatres, Sharper Image, PF Changs, Hollister, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor Loft, Jos. A Banks, JC Penny, Haagen-Dazs, and many more. So far, 70 stores are open, with another 14 to open by Thanksgiving. In all there will be more than 100 stores, including the Outparcels at the Promenade, which will include a Best Buy and numerous other "Big Box Retailers".

IMG_0103.jpg

I didn't realize they planted Birch trees in the Promenade (I believe those are Birches). I love Birch trees! I guess it's not so bad after all. :D There's supposed to be 1,700 trees planted at the Promenade!

Some more Big Projects.

Sports or Entertainment Arena. Lowell

An unconfirmed deal was overheard about a possible Sports/and or Entertainment arena that would be built near I-540. The Arena would be about the size of the one's being planned in Springdale and Bentonville. No other news has been announced, but the project was mentioned in Arkansas Business.

No Pictures Have Been Released

Frisco Depot Condos 9 Floors. Fayetteville

Another condo project for Downtown Fayetteville, the Frisco Depot Condos would be a godsend for Dickson Street. Along with countless other projects such as Divinity Development (13 Floors), The Dickson (6 Floors), St. Charles Plaza (6 Floors), Legacy Building (6 Floors), and other cultural amenities, Dickson Street is poised to become an urban mecca. The Development would be situated near the Frisco Drain Depot, which was recently restored with a Haagen-Dazs and Gloria Jean's Coffee. The plan will include 200 condos and some retail space.

No Pictures Have Been Released.

I didn't realize they planted Birch trees in the Promenade (I believe those are Birches). I love Birch trees! I guess it's not so bad after all. :D There's supposed to be 1,700 trees planted at the Promenade!

Are those birch trees? They sorta look like American sycamores to me. But I'm no tree expert.

Every time I come back to this thread I am incredibly impressed.

Those are a ridiculous amount of projects for one area. Especially for a state like Arkansas.

Arkansas is moving up. Economically. Politically. Sports :-p (hogs, baseball). Hopefully education will follow suit.

We just need a way to keep and ensure the momentum.

Edit: Feel free to delete my post. It wasn't on topic.

Are those birch trees? They sorta look like American sycamores to me. But I'm no tree expert.

Good call Mith! Upon zooming in on the leaves they definitely have the Sycamore's broad maple-like shape, whereas the Birch has more of a serrated spear head shape. The bark is a dead giveaway though as the Sycamore's signature bark is that camouflaged pattern. I'm doing research on Celtic tree lore and as you can see I have a ways to go. Mith, you're more of a tree expert than you give yourself credit for! :lol:

Project Updates:

University Club Tower 13 Floors Fayetteville

The 13 Floor, 200 Foot Condo Tower proposed off College Ave. was approved last night. The project will consist of around 80 condos, and be situated on the eastern side of College Ave. near the Lowe's. Construction wil start on this project once another entrance/exit is made onto College Ave.

No Photos Are Available

Lowe's Home Improvement Siloam Springs

Construction is well underway on the 155,000 sq. foot Lowe's Home Improvement store off U.S. 412 in Siloam Springs. The Lowe's is situated near the Wal-Mart Supercenter and an unknown Shopps development.

Here's a photo provided by cocothief (thanks, I hope you don't mind).

10-1.jpg

If anyone has updates to projects or photos or even new projects, please post them here as well as the topic you wish.

Just please put it in the format of:

Project Title - Be sure to underline

A Brief Description of project and then the update.

Then a photo if you have one.

Thanks

If anyone has updates to projects or photos or even new projects, please post them here as well as the topic you wish.

Just please put it in the format of:

Project Title - Be sure to underline

A Brief Description of project and then the update.

Then a photo if you have one.

Thanks

Please add the location of the project also... including cross streets whenever possible. Not just 540 in Rogers, 412 in Siloam Springs, or 112 in Cave Springs.

Yes.

Here's an example of what I like to see.

Westin Hotel & Condos 22 Floors Rogers

One of the newsest projects to be released in Northwest Arkansas, the Westin Hotel will be 22 Floors once completed, making it the tallest tower in Northwest Arkansas, and between Tulsa & Little Rock. This will also be the Westin's first hotel in Arkansas. This project will be situated at the intersection of New Hope Road and Hospital Blvd, right of Interstate 540 in Rogers. Ground work has started on this project.

westinrogers2xp4.jpg

Archived