Master List: Major Northwest Arkansas Construction

mcheiss

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

Here's an example of what I like to see.

Westin Hotel & Condos 22 Floors Rogers

One of the newsest projects to be released in Northwest Arkansas, the Westin Hotel will be 22 Floors once completed, making it the tallest tower in Northwest Arkansas, and between Tulsa & Little Rock. This will also be the Westin's first hotel in Arkansas. This project will be situated at the intersection of New Hope Road and Hospital Blvd, right of Interstate 540 in Rogers. Ground work has started on this project.

westinrogers2xp4.jpg

Wow! What a cool list! That Westin Hotel will make Rogers have the dominant skyline in NWA.

I like the old Mercy, even if it is outdated. I wonder what they'll do with that building. Hopefully they can turn it into a nursing home, or something health related.

It's tough to find uses for old hospitals.

Is anything going on with the old Washington Regional? Last time I drove by it it was dead.

Are there asbestos issues with Mercy?

It's tough to find uses for old hospitals.

Is anything going on with the old Washington Regional? Last time I drove by it it was dead.

Are there asbestos issues with Mercy?

I think the Washington Regional is being used as an Emergency Disaster Headquarters, possibly even a juvenille detention center. I'm really not sure on it.

I think they had an asbestos check on Mercy a few years ago, they pretty much cleared it all out.

I think the Washington Regional is being used as an Emergency Disaster Headquarters, possibly even a juvenille detention center. I'm really not sure on it.

I think they had an asbestos check on Mercy a few years ago, they pretty much cleared it all out.

That's good news.

For a lot of old hospitals it costs more to remove the asbestos than to tear it down and start over.

The VA is using it. I also believe the VA has rented a few of the floors out and there's another small hospital running over there. Not sure on that though.

Not sure exactly which thread this belongs in, as it has been rumored in many different threads over the last few months, but John Nock (and partners) apparently are closing the deal on the Radisson Hotel this coming week. This is according to some folks who have worked there for a long, long time. They say that the hotel will stay a Radisson, but will undergo a massive renovation to get it up to Radisson standards (including frills like flat screen tv's in every room). Rumor has it that the selling price is in the neighborhood of $9M and the planned renovation will run at least $7M and will take a year or more to complete, renovating a few floors at a time.

I'm very glad to hear that the Hilton/Radisson building will finally be getting a much needed facelift. It has survived for a lot of years simply because it was the only 'name' or 'luxury' hotel near downtown/Dickson. That's all going to change with the Renaissance (and possibly Divinity) and it was apparent that a major overhaul was going to be needed if it was going to compete with the new kids on the block.

Not sure exactly which thread this belongs in, as it has been rumored in many different threads over the last few months, but John Nock (and partners) apparently are closing the deal on the Radisson Hotel this coming week. This is according to some folks who have worked there for a long, long time. They say that the hotel will stay a Radisson, but will undergo a massive renovation to get it up to Radisson standards (including frills like flat screen tv's in every room). Rumor has it that the selling price is in the neighborhood of $9M and the planned renovation will run at least $7M and will take a year or more to complete, renovating a few floors at a time.

I'm very glad to hear that the Hilton/Radisson building will finally be getting a much needed facelift. It has survived for a lot of years simply because it was the only 'name' or 'luxury' hotel near downtown/Dickson. That's all going to change with the Renaissance (and possibly Divinity) and it was apparent that a major overhaul was going to be needed if it was going to compete with the new kids on the block.

Do you think this will include any kind of exterior changes, such as new paint or lighting? It's still not a bad looking building even if they didn't make any changes to the exterior.

It will be nice for the Radisson to be renovated. Although I have been concerned about it being done by the same group that have been running so far behind on the Renaissance. I have also wondered if the renovations will mainly be interior or if they would also include some exterior renovations as well.

It will be nice for the Radisson to be renovated. Although I have been concerned about it being done by the same group that have been running so far behind on the Renaissance. I have also wondered if the renovations will mainly be interior or if they would also include some exterior renovations as well.

I just spoke with someone I know who is actively involved in the Renaissance project and he said all the delays are at Marriott's end, period. They are simply taking too long to review and approve the new plans for the hotel.

I just spoke with someone I know who is actively involved in the Renaissance project and he said all the delays are at Marriott's end, period. They are simply taking too long to review and approve the new plans for the hotel.

Okay well that makes me feel better to a certain degree. Perhaps Marriott wasn't the best choice then. But it sounds like things might finally start moving in the near future. Once some serious construction starts up I won't feel very negatively about this project. Thanks for the update Mark.

Okay well that makes me feel better to a certain degree. Perhaps Marriott wasn't the best choice then. But it sounds like things might finally start moving in the near future. Once some serious construction starts up I won't feel very negatively about this project. Thanks for the update Mark.

My source here is completely reliable. BTW, I just talked with a student last week that John Nock wants to help start a business and John is willing to put a lot of cash into it to make that happen. I don't think he's strapped--at least if he is, he isn't giving any appearance of it.

It's a huge mixed use development that is suppose to include a 7 Floor Sheraton and two condo towers at 12 Floors each. Plus there's some retail, restaurants, and office space in 3 to 4 floor towers.

Nice! By the entry I would have assumed some sort of subdivision. But from the plumbing stub-outs and some of the dirt work, that didn't appear to be the case.

Archived