Master List: Major Northwest Arkansas Construction

mcheiss

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P&G had their groundbreaking Tuesday. There were articles in the Northwest Arkansas Times and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. But still no renderings. If the media does pay attention to this website how about someone show some renderings. :D Nice to see that not all the vendors are flocking to Bentonville. P&G seems to be sticking with Fayetteville. They mentioned the only drawback to the new location will be the fact that it is so close to the busiest intersection in the state. But they seem confident that the city is working on that and it won't become a huge issue. P&G officials also said that 15 years ago Fayetteville was a liability in recruiting talent. But now it is a benefit in their recruiting.

P&G had their groundbreaking Tuesday. There were articles in the Northwest Arkansas Times and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. But still no renderings. If the media does pay attention to this website how about someone show some renderings. :D Nice to see that not all the vendors are flocking to Bentonville. P&G seems to be sticking with Fayetteville. They mentioned the only drawback to the new location will be the fact that it is so close to the busiest intersection in the state. But they seem confident that the city is working on that and it won't become a huge issue. P&G officials also said that 15 years ago Fayetteville was a liability in recruiting talent. But now it is a benefit in their recruiting.

I did see it is only supposed to be 2 stories. There should have been some available office space coming up in the Bellafont for them to lease.

Fayetteville always had ideas for improving Joyce/College-- they've been talking about a "fly-over" (to eliminate that U-turn) for as long as I can remember growing up there. After those consultants, the City I think wants to seriously look at other options. If it takes a progressive and innovative solution, I'm all for it... if it's realistic.

Yes, the much discussed, sometime planned, and perpetually never realized Joyce/College flyover. I've been hearing about that one for what, the last 10-15 years? It was needed back in the mid-nineties and it's desperately needed now.

Not that it will ever happen.

Arkansas Sports & Entertainment Complex.-----Rogers

An unfortunate turn for the city of Bentonville, but the Arkansas Sports & Entertainment Complex has been moved from Bentonville to the city of Rogers. The 9,000 seat arena will house WNBA, ECHL Hockey, and other minor league sports. The arena will now be in the Pleasant Crossing Development, right off the Interstate. It will be situated behind a Wal-Mart Supercenter already completed.

Arkansas Sports & Entertainment Complex.-----Rogers

An unfortunate turn for the city of Bentonville, but the Arkansas Sports & Entertainment Complex has been moved from Bentonville to the city of Rogers. The 9,000 seat arena will house WNBA, ECHL Hockey, and other minor league sports. The arena will now be in the Pleasant Crossing Development, right off the Interstate. It will be situated behind a Wal-Mart Supercenter already completed.

Bad news for Bentonville but I think overall it's better news for the metro. I think this new location will work much better.

Yes, and it will be visible from the Interstate. This is only about a mile from the Pinnacle area as well. But, they're going to have to widen the Pleasant Grove overpass to 5 lanes, if they don't want traffic snarls. I'm sure we'll see this, especially since it's going to be on the Nov. 7 election.

Northwest Arkansas Sports & Entertainment Arena (10-12 Floors High).-----Rogers

Some more updates are that the development will include an Entertainment center with a 32 Lane Bowling Alley, two hotels, a 10-acre lake, a training center, a small office building for the developers, and an outdoor ampitheatre.

Also, the Northwest Arkansas Sports & Entertainment Arena will stand anywhere from 10-12 stories high.

Some more updates are that the development will include an Entertainment center with a 32 Lane Bowling Alley, two hotels, a 10-acre lake, a training center, a small office building for the developers, and an outdoor ampitheatre.

Also, the Northwest Arkansas Sports & Entertainment Arena will stand anywhere from 10-12 stories high.

That sounds very impressive! But how is $55 million going to build a 10-12 story arena? Not feasible at all.

All the papers have said that's what Talley intends for. This could also be after the upper level expansion that is planned for the arena.

It's sounds more like there will be a 10-12 story tower connected to the arena... possibly a hotel. The Colloseum in Rome was only 157 feet tall, or roughly 5 stories, and could accommodate 50,000-87,000 spectators! There's no way this arena will be 10-12 stories!

I forgot to mention, but it looks like Rupple Row opened up this past week as well, with around 150 homes. Anyone have any current pics?

I haven't been over since my last trip. I guess I need to head over to west Fayetteville tomorrow. I also guess I didn't realize there were going to be that many houses. I thought it was just the ones along Rupple Rd itself.

I haven't been over since my last trip. I guess I need to head over to west Fayetteville tomorrow. I also guess I didn't realize there were going to be that many houses. I thought it was just the ones along Rupple Rd itself.

The Morning News said 150 homes, but the AMA website showed only 50.

I've been hearing some more interesting info about the former site of the Sports & Entertainment Arena. It's now going to house a hotel, 10,000 sq. foot convenience & gas station, with a 1 Million Square Foot Warehouse!!! These are much needed things, seeing as how there is only a hotel out there right now. A gas station will be extremly popular seeing as how the rental car companies require that the gas tanks be filled. The Warehouse could house a large tenant with the potential for a few hundred jobs. This project is going to be developed by Talley (Arena Developer).

I've been hearing some more interesting info about the former site of the Sports & Entertainment Arena. It's now going to house a hotel, 10,000 sq. foot convenience & gas station, with a 1 Million Square Foot Warehouse!!! These are much needed things, seeing as how there is only a hotel out there right now. A gas station will be extremly popular seeing as how the rental car companies require that the gas tanks be filled. The Warehouse could house a large tenant with the potential for a few hundred jobs. This project is going to be developed by Talley (Arena Developer).

What company is going into the warehouse that's going to be bringing in "a few hundred" new jobs? Will it be a manufacturing warehouse? Nice plans though.

Maybe they're planning to start making the homes even more narrow so they can fit more in, which I don't see as possible since they're already as narrow as a home can get.

I would assume they would build more homes elsewhere in the area. There's some quite a bit of undeveloped land around that area. Anyway here's some pics I took. On the other end I saw them setting up for what looked like was going to be a commercial.

rupplerow01mg7.jpg

rupplerow02ol1.jpg

rupplerow03ax6.jpg

rupplerow04ge7.jpg

rupplerow05bf6.jpg

Archived