Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twoshort

VW Bug

7 posts in this topic

For the ultimate in off-topic discussion, I may be in the market to replace my wife's car near the end of the year. She has something in mind. :) Anyone have a new style VW bug? Do you like it? Any problems? What all can you tell me about them?

Same thing as a Jetta except different body. I would probably get the Jetta as it has better headroom in the back, its easier to get into and work on, and doesn't have a huge dash like the Beetle. Of course if it is for your wife then she might think differently since it is basically a girly car. VWs have had significant quality problems over the last few years and especially the ones made in Mexico where the domestic Bug and Jetta come from. One bonus however is that you can get a diesel model which gets 50+ MPG. Better than a hybrid and you are not driving around in a science experiment. Diesels are a mature and well proven technology.

It's just a UFO... go buy the real one. SLUG BUG! Oh, wait, ufo... Girl wants a Convert-a-beetle.

The new beetle looks like a giant Pokemon going down the road. Stick a pair of rabit type ears and a lighting bolt tail on it, paint it yellow, and you're all set.