Where do you take your family when they are in town?

voyager12

Someone already mentioned this, but... one of my favorite things I've done with out of town guests is take them to the greenway trail near Freedom Park. We went for a great walk along the creek and went around the pond in the Park. ...and I also got to show off some of Myers Park's tree-lined streets and beautiful homes on the way there!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, aside from all of the seasonal activites that our wonderful metropolis has to offer...here are some of our lovely mainstays.

*bowling @ george pappas with dinner @ sir edmund halleys

*whitewater park

*a day of indulgence @ georgetown spa (plaza-midwood) with dinner @ dish or lulu (even though you get dinner @ the spa)

*hezekiah alexander house with dinner @ lang van

*lots of area golf courses

*frisbee golf @ reedy creek & kilbourne

*boating, fishing, swimming on lake norman

*victory lane go-carting center

*gallery crawls in NODA with dinner @ cabo fish taco

*sketch comedy @ the perch (also comedy zone)

*feel the night rhythm in any one of our many uptown nightclubs

*of course there is shopping @ southpark, but i would recommend following with a dinner @ the village tavern - outside on the veranda (resonable priced and one of the best dining atmospheres around)

*horse riding @ latta plantation

*new skateboard park on wendover

*bocce and beer @ mellow mushroom NODA

*antique shopping in waxhaw (also has a history museum and an alphabet museum)

*freedom park (don't forget there is a nature museum there)

*duke energy explorium

*ice skating @ eastland mall

*mcgill rose garden (on north davidson)

*drum legends museum (if this place is still open - they have over 100 drum sets from the greatest drummers known to man) this is located in concord

*mechanical bull riding @ coyote joes (also line dancing)

*hike crowders mountain and gaze back @ the queen city

... just to name a few and with the right company all of these things can be lots of fun (ok, not the alphabet museum). not too mention live music nightly in various clubs, a number of museums and theatres, and plenty of sports and shopping. charlotte really does have lots of ongoing things to offer.... you just have to dig around.

Archived