Weston Apartments Renovation

sparky05

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that due to structural problems, this entire wall will be coming down and it will be replaced with a new masonry wall with face brick.

The affected people have been temporarily relocated until this is complete.

The have gotten HPC approval and approval from the State Historic Preservation Office to complete this emergency repair.

What's the address/name of the building?

I believe its original name is the Corl-Knott Building, and it's now called Weston Apartments (along with its sister building at Ionia/Weston). Owned by Dwelling Place, and it will remain low-income apartments. I think I read last Summer that they received $2 - $3 Million from the State to do the renovations.

Official address is 21 Weston SW.

I believe its original name is the Corl-Knott Building, and it's now called Weston Apartments (along with its sister building at Ionia/Weston). Owned by Dwelling Place, and it will remain low-income apartments. I think I read last Summer that they received $2 - $3 Million from the State to do the renovations.

Official address is 21 Weston SW.

The Building directly across Commerce (25 Commerce) has a plaque calling it the Corl - Knott Building.

Archived