Ideas for Improving the Tri-City Area

AlabamaGuy2007

• 6 months later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say build a nice sized light rail system connecting Huntsville, Decatur, Madison, and Athens. All these areas have packed highways a peak travel times, I have no doubt that people would use the rail. I'm sure the entire CSA would support this.

it's unrealistic, but that hasn't prevented me from writing a couple of letters about this recently. huntsville is in a better position, land-use-wise, to start up light rail than the other big AL cities. much of the land that could be used is lying fallow or could be obtained. too, the traffic patterns in huntsville are very linear, making rail an efficient means of mass transit to serve existing uses - there are very direct lines of travel both north - south (parallel to the parkway) and east-west (72 to madison and beyond, as well as I-565).

Archived