Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlabamaGuy2007

Ideas for Improving the Tri-City Area

6 posts in this topic

I'm just opening this to see if anyone out there has any idea on how the area can improve itself. Things like transit, crime prevention, educatoin, etc...

I think you should include the city of Madison when discussing the area. It's about twice the size of Athens, and if it keeps growning, it will pass Decatur in population.

I think you should include the city of Madison when discussing the area. It's about twice the size of Athens, and if it keeps growning, it will pass Decatur in population.

I say build a nice sized light rail system connecting Huntsville, Decatur, Madison, and Athens. All these areas have packed highways a peak travel times, I have no doubt that people would use the rail. I'm sure the entire CSA would support this.

I say build a nice sized light rail system connecting Huntsville, Decatur, Madison, and Athens. All these areas have packed highways a peak travel times, I have no doubt that people would use the rail. I'm sure the entire CSA would support this.

it's unrealistic, but that hasn't prevented me from writing a couple of letters about this recently. huntsville is in a better position, land-use-wise, to start up light rail than the other big AL cities. much of the land that could be used is lying fallow or could be obtained. too, the traffic patterns in huntsville are very linear, making rail an efficient means of mass transit to serve existing uses - there are very direct lines of travel both north - south (parallel to the parkway) and east-west (72 to madison and beyond, as well as I-565).