Perkins Rowe

richyb83

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Dan; wish I could have got that McDonald's shot with Perkins Rowe's construction in the background and all around....I'm a poet and didn't know-it. McDonalds practically gets swallowed now by the walls of concrete. I like the residential lofts above the office and retail. Even residential will go on top of Barnes & Noble; what an interesting concept

more004dq8.jpg

Wells Fargo on top of one of the parking gargages; from Perkins Road

more001oa2.jpg

Part of this open space will be the town square; cinema(right)

more003js7.jpg

Still able to see The Neuromedical Center to the right

more002dd6.jpg

A City in the Suburbs!!!

Niiiiiice new shots, Richy! Perkins Rowe is truly unique for a mid-size city, and for Louisiana cities in general. As much as I love the Boardwalk, it's really just a mall... but Perkins is truly an "urban village." I see these types of developments all over the Dallas suburbs, but rarely in cities this size (from my personal experience anyway!)

Niiiiiice new shots, Richy! Perkins Rowe is truly unique for a mid-size city, and for Louisiana cities in general. As much as I love the Boardwalk, it's really just a mall... but Perkins is truly an "urban village." I see these types of developments all over the Dallas suburbs, but rarely in cities this size (from my personal experience anyway!)

So large cities have several of these?

I've seen similar projects in dallas.

Exccept, this is much more comprehensive in scope.

Encompassing medical, entartainment, living, shopping.

the closest example of this type of center i can think of, is the new Firewheel shopping center in

garland.... its more of a mall than a community center

i couldnt find any pictures, only this...

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1074

what others are there out here in dallas? i may have forgotten

Edited by BRPJ

^That a nice looking model, and a very large development with JC Penny's as an anchor.

It's cool that Traditional Main Street seems to be the theme in all these mixed-use village's.

This is a similar development I wish I had taken more pics of:

Market Street in The Woodlands TX, over 30 miles north of downtown Houston.

woodlandstx007bj8.jpg

I thought I took more pics, I'll have to look.

Edited by richyb83

I passed by Perkins Rowe again today, this time in the day time. It was even more awesome than last time because I could see everything. Some of the facades are starting to be stuccoed/painted, I think the inside of the Starbucks in almost finished, I saw lights on. I saw the spines/stair shafts for the hotel and condos. There were three, so I assume it's one for the hotel and lower left and lower right condo buildings.

Here's the site plan and the link to the website.

http://www.perkinsrowe.com/splash.html

untitledsv9.png

Edited by dan326

^Thanks for posting that Dan. Great research to find this. I like the iconic smoke-stack tower too. It looks cool light-up at night. I took the nightime photo back on post #14.

A smaller version of Atlantic Station. There are some others too.

This is another pic I took, but never posted

snaphappy049aa9.jpg

Edited by richyb83

Do you know if that little building actullay makes any energy?

Here's something I thought I thought was kind of funny. In Orlando a woman with last name Perkins, married a man wit hthe last name Rowe. :lol:

Here Comes the Bride {sodEmoji.|} Perkins to become Rowe

April 12 -- In case you missed Scott Maxwell's excellent Taking Names column in the Orlando Sentinel last week, WKMG-Local 6 anchor Lauren Perkins is getting hitched on Friday. And she's not going to be Lauren Perkins anymore. She's taking the last name of her future hubby, aspiring golf pro Michael Rowe. "I like the sound of it," Lauren said, explaining her decision to take Rowe's name. "Now, if it was something like Pumpernickel, I might not have." The wedding is in downtown Orlando with a reception to follow at one of the area resort hotels. "We're in Orlando," she said. "We had to do a theme-park hotel."

Also I just got an idea that could a have made Perkins Rowe even better. I would have been neat if there were a trolly line inside the development. Of course, that and the street might have taken up too much space.

Heres the plans for the connector road.

IImap.JPG

This project will provide a connection from the I-10 frontage road - Picardy overpass, currently under construction, to Perkins Road. This four lane curb and gutter project includeds a raised median, sidewalks, and a new bridge crossing Dawson creek, and an underpass at the Kansas City Southern (KCS) railroad with retaining walls. This project will provide an alternative route to I-10 and Perkins Road.

Edited by dan326

Thanks for posting that Dan.

That "Connection Road" is not very long...but not very cheap either; with a R.R. underpass( w/ retaining walls) and new bridge over Dawson Creek. It still may be awhile before we see this project begin??

Edited by richyb83

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...