Perkins Rowe

richyb83

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

"Perkins Rowe openings set for next month

At least 10 stores in Perkins Rowe are tentatively scheduled to open on or around Nov. 16, General Manager Paul Carlson says. The list includes clothing stores Kiki, Urban Outfitters, White House/Black Market, Guess, Mira Bella, BCBG Girls and J Crew, cookware/accessories store Sur La Table, bookseller Barnes & Noble and specialty grocer Fresh Market. They will join a list of tenants already open at the mixed-use development at Bluebonnet Boulevard and Perkins Road: CVS Pharmacy, FedEx Kinko

"With projected annual traffic of 4 to 10 million people a year, a Perkins Rowe sponsorship will deliver great exposure to Baton Rouge and beyond. Sponsorship opportunities at Perkins Rowe include events, on-site signage, on-site sampling, multimedia displays and more."

Maybe that could be a Lamar digital billboard?? :)

Hey Dan, that would be great to have a Lamar digital billboard at PR!!! This would add to the feel. :shades: of an urban village! Best part is that Lamar is BR based!

Downtown needs a digital billboard too on side of the Third Street parking garage along Convention Street in the heart of the Arts & Entertainment District!

Hey Dan, that would be great to have a Lamar digital billboard at PR!!! This would add to the feel. :shades: of an urban village! Best part is that Lamar is BR based!

Downtown needs a digital billboard too on side of the Third Street parking garage along Convention Street in the heart of the Arts & Entertainment District!

Yeah I agree downtown needs some kind of digital signage going on. It would be great if we could have a "Times Square" feel to 3rd st. Just on a smaller scale of course. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

WOW, i drove through perkins rowe on thanksgiving, and I must say it is truly awesome! In dallas i know of two of these centers, but IMO they aren't as grand as perkins rowe!

Throughout DFW they're pretty common, so they take of a bit of a "run of the mill" look and feel after a while. For example there's a center like this in Southlake, a DFW suburb, and while it has some nice stores and restaurants in it, it looks like crap compared to Perkins Rowe. Most likely you won't have much repitition of this concept in Baton Rouge, so Perkins Rowe will likely have a "special" feel for quite a long while. I think it's awesome.

No that's not going to be a church it's actually going to be 2 restaurants. The partner and I stopped in at the sales center and spoke with the guy. I took some great pics throughout the development. I will post them as soon as I can figure out how to do it correctly. LOL The scale model inside the sales office is awesome. I am in love with the whole development. I would love to see something like this go up in the Westmoreland Shopping Center. I think something like this would totally revitalize the MidCity area. The gentleman in the sales office said the condo towers are in phase 2 and won't start until 2010. If you look on the "Town Hall" building between the columns there are 3 big black rectangles, he said those are actually going to be Times Square type digital billboards. That is going to look awesome at nite.

Throughout DFW they're pretty common, so they take of a bit of a "run of the mill" look and feel after a while. For example there's a center like this in Southlake, a DFW suburb, and while it has some nice stores and restaurants in it, it looks like crap compared to Perkins Rowe. Most likely you won't have much repitition of this concept in Baton Rouge, so Perkins Rowe will likely have a "special" feel for quite a long while. I think it's awesome.

Yeah, ive been to the one in south lake quite a few times. Theres one in garland. but I don't know of that many of them in dallas. Where are the others - if you know? Southlake is the only one i can think of that truly has all the components with retail, residential, and office space. But perkins rowe seems more dense than the ones in dallas. Yeah Im sure perkins rowe will be the ONLY thing like it in Baton rouge for A LONG time if not forever. The BLVD is a similar concept on a smaller scale. Baton Rouge truly is turning into the shopping mecca of louisiana

Edited by BRPJ

^ Your not kiddin'....with the still growing Towne Center; Perkins Rowe; and The Boulevard. BR is definetly taking it to the next level! Just wait til The Grove is complete.

I have also heard of a place in the Metroplex mentioned called Addison; I hear it's really nice! Some slow folks around BR complaining about the density and style of Perkins Rowe...too bad! It's just what BR needs!

^ Your not kiddin'....with the still growing Towne Center; Perkins Rowe; and The Boulevard. BR is definetly taking it to the next level! Just wait til The Grove is complete.

I have also heard of a place in the Metroplex mentioned called Addison; I hear it's really nice! Some slow folks around BR complaining about the density and style of Perkins Rowe...too bad! It's just what BR needs!

oh, i forgot about addision. Addison is a small suburb, but very dense. in a wealthy tollway hub. yeah, they do have one there but the retail aspect is not as good extensive as perkins rowe. its definately more urban adn has mass amount of condos.

Addison-4.gif

addison.jpg

Edited by BRPJ