Richmond in Pictures III

mclawsdrive

4 hours ago, Icetera said:

When talking to some New Yorkers (in town for Toys R Us bankruptcy) during last Wednesday's snow day (3/21), they reported that all the hotels were booked and they could only get into the Graduate (at spiked rates).  I was quite surprised to hear that given the lack of major events and I am glad to see we have a larger demand then I imagined.

I also snapped some snow day shots after being encouraged to wander over there (rooftop also closed for weather but accessible):

Great news! While no one wants their city to become completely over run with tourists/visitors I would love to see Richmond move more towards say Savannah's level of tourism. Not quite that much but that direction. Also I realize these people weren't here for tourism but the hotels were full!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 3:31 PM, eandslee said:

A friend of mine took this photo of Downtown Richmond today coming up I-95...just thought it looked nice:

Downtown Richmond, Virginia 8 May 2018

Always my favorite angle of the skyline.  600 Canal has done a great filling the gap between Riverfront Plaza and James River Plaza.  The new General Assembly will be very prominent from this angle as well.

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2018 at 3:49 PM, georgeglass said:

Pic I took flying out to Atlanta from RVA 4/27. This is over Scott's Addition and Monument Ave area. Just thought it was cool since we don't see a lot of aerials from there.

IMG_20180427_181205.jpg

I think I have seen it mentioned somewhere on this board but you can really tell that Scott's Addition has almost no greenery compared to the rest of the city 

2 hours ago, cwd221 said:

I think I have seen it mentioned somewhere on this board but you can really tell that Scott's Addition has almost no greenery compared to the rest of the city 

That area is really going to need an overall of sidewalks and landscaping as it transitions out of industrial.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Flew over Richmond today coming home from Florida.  See if you can identify what area of town I took a picture of:

27702671367_95573e7147_b.jpg

28698794528_bcc246086f_b.jpg

42520793262_e1f182d904_b.jpg

I gotta say, the Mighty James is “swole” (as the young kids say these days)!!  

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

#1 is short pump

#2 is Patterson Ave heading west flanked by Broad and the river  

#3 is chesterfield towne center area on the left side. 

Howd i do ?

Very good!  You know Richmond very well from about 20,000 feet in the air!! :thumbsup:

Edited by eandslee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Okay, time for another edition of eandslee’s “Where Am I?”  In full disclosure, I was about 25,000 feet in the air when I took the photo today, but based on the photo, where am I (exactly) in relation to the ground?  Ready, GO!

Chesterfield Executive Airport

According to the many hours I’ve spent on google maps looking at the entire RVA metro, my memory tells me that you would be flying directly over 288 near the commonwealth Centre/Hull street exit.

Edited by blopp1234
  • Like 1