mclawsdrive

Richmond in Pictures III

I thought these were particularly nice and should share , they're  from  the RTD labeled as recent aerial views, linked that below along with an RVA Reddit view that was posted.

https://richmond.com/news/local/photos-recent-aerial-views-of-richmond/collection_101ad736-2bdc-5f22-adf2-edcbf91b04f2.html

1.jpg

2.jpg

This one is from  RVA Reddit, also nice.

Edited by Hike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

These are FANTASTIC photos!! 

I know,  really looks good, the density is something I hadn't seen from this angle, and the one from Reddit, if you can zoom in to just the edges of downtown, the river in the foreground vanishing into the city, really nice.  Looks like one that could be a framed picture.  

Probably some off the best aerial shots of Downtown Richmond that I’ve seen.  Check it out!

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 3

A fantastic new exhibit at the Valentine - the Edith Shelton collection of photographs chronicling a slice of mid-20th-century Richmond. This exhibit will be at the Valentine through Sept. 2021 - and personally I hope and pray her fantastic work gets published comprehensively in a book. I would gladly pay a premium for such a fantastic photographic history of Richmond. Gosh- I'd love to peruse her entire photographic collection, which apparently is quite extensive.

https://www.wtvr.com/i-have-a-story/richmond-photographer-captured-thousands-of-photos-before-the-wrecking-ball

https://thevalentine.org/exhibition/edith-sheltons-richmond-revisited/

• Like 1

Excellent!  Awesome find!  Man, what a CITY!  Thanks for posting. 

As a reminder to everyone - if you find yourself around town during the holidays, take some photos and post them here.  Would love to see some construction updates and any other views you think we might enjoy!  Happy Holidays Everyone!

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 4:21 PM, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

At 0:25, I got absolutely giddy seeing the impact of the three new towers (GAB, Childrens & Adult Outpatient) in the urban fabric. Really maximizing the use potential of those city blocks compared to what was there before. Love it

Totally agree! Now - let's imagine that block on the west side of 10th street - public safety building block - with the 20-story tower plus all the smaller yet quite dense urban development. Once that block is fully built out - the whole of this part of downtown will really start to come together a bit.

Once again, our good friends over on the RVA Reddit page have struck gold - this time with an amazing video of Richmond in the snow as seen from high above Battery Park. Great perspective of the city, looking in from the Northside. The increasingly muscular skyline, looming in the distance, gives Richmond a big-city feel from this perspective that is quite fantastic.  Video produced by the fine folks at RVA Adventures.

• Like 2