Richmond in Pictures III

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a little exploring this morning. Here are some photos of a few projects around town. There’s a lot going on and I didn’t get to a lot of projects, and nothing south of the river. Hope you enjoy

as a visitor since the first time in the area about 10 years and first time downtown in 20 plus years I took a lot of photos.  Lots of good things going on and parked in Shockloe Bottom and walked up

Pics from yesterday in Scott's Addition showing progress of The Nest (set to open in July) and The Summit (leasing for fall).    

Posted Images

18 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Meant to share these. 

20A08681-4A8B-4EE3-BA16-AFF63FD53F28.jpeg

FDE3A8DB-FFE9-4F71-8120-554921D4B3A8.jpeg

Love the density these photos portray!  Nice angles of the city that are rarely seen in photos!  Thanks for posting.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Great photo from a different perspective (courtesy of u/M4000h from Reddit):

Saw this on reddit as well and yes,  nice perspective. That car tower is ridiculous, need to get out more, soon! Also, can't wait for the increase in passenger rail traffic,  want this to be easy,  affordable and used. 

Edited by Hike
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Coupe!  These photos are awesome!!  Thanks so much for taking the time to take and upload the photos.  Love the different perspectives that I don't get on webcams online.  Going back to look at them a few more times!  Great photo update!

• Like 1

Coupe -these are FANTASTIC! Thank you so much for driving around, taking them, editing and posting. Fantastic look at what's going on at the moment. Lots of new construction from the west to the east and all points in between. Great to see this.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, eandslee said:

A great photo of the Opus project that is moving on up!  Courtesy of u/rdt69420 on Reddit.

hw47w057w3p71.jpg

Wow - it's looking really good! Thanks for posting it!

Now - let's get some of those other 11-12 story buildings that have been announced underway. Time to start turning shovelfuls of dirt and building!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

This picture appeared in the Times-Dispatch (richmond.com) on Monday, 9/20. It's amazing to see just how big the Children's Hospital is now - and just how big (and tall!) the new G.A. building is.

6148c286ceaa2.image.jpg

True, but I’ve got to say how much I really do not like the top of the Children’s Hospital.  That box on the roof looks dumb and out of place.  Wish they could have hidden it better and incorporated into the design of the building instead of just plopping it in the roof.  Seems like an after-thought. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, eandslee said:

True, but I’ve got to say how much I really do not like the top of the Children’s Hospital.  That box on the roof looks dumb and out of place.  Wish they could have hidden it better and incorporated into the design of the building instead of just plopping it in the roof.  Seems like an after-thought. 

Unfortunately, the design may have been necessary to allow safe helicopter approach.  The structure likely contains the elevator for airlift patients.

• Like 3